Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HurricaneTeen

New Shipyards Renderings

17 posts in this topic

z-ShipyardsRendering.jpg

I'm pretty excited that we're finally seeing something going on this project...I like the rendering overall, but they need to do something with those horrible light blue boxes on the left...I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of changes made to this before it's actually built.

It looks....OK. The original Shipyard renderings were better. Oh well, this is MUCH better than nothing!

Any prospective groundbreaking date?

No, this project has been moving notoriously slow and the project could turn out completely different than it looks here, too....Developers and beaurocracy suck...I hope they keep that sweet cylindrical building, though...It almost looks like a supertall

I agree with the other posts. Sweet concept, ditch the "box buildings", and keep the circular structure.

Does anyone know when this project intends to break ground or even get approval from the City? Furthermore, which building do you speculate they will start with first. I hope it's the cyclinderical building.

I like the tower renderings on their site. I think I'll have to live there.... someday.

I had to model this one in Google Earth. Its really going to lengthen the skyline!

Downtown-5.jpg

Downtown-3.jpg

Downtown-4.jpg

Looking down Bay Street...

Downtown-6.jpg

The view from the new public pier...

Downtown-7.jpg

That is fantastic. This project is really going to add a lot to Jacksonville's skyline. particularly that building to the far right that looks to be a separate project. Though I would like to see more buildings like BofA. Its really awesome to see the Jax skyline from the Dames Point bridge, with B of A as the 'peak'

The building to the right you're referring to is the St. John Hotel & Residences, now called the St. James. Its the 70 story proposal that would become the city's tallest if built.

I hate when they do phases. Take a chance and build the entire thing at once.

03/12/2007

by Mike Sharkey

Staff Writer

Like any good meal, the chef often spends much more time prepping than he does actually cooking. Hours of shopping, chopping and mixing may only require about 30 minutes in the pan to produce a meal fit for a king.

If you