UP - Grand Rapids Downtown Identity Campaign

GRDadof3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tossed this one together in a few minutes...

I have no interest in keeping secrets about this town.

downtownlogo.jpg

I'm thinking the 'winner' of the forum goes to cafepress or some similar online design shop, makes t-shirts or other merch with the "underground logo" on it, and we all buy some of them and wear them around town, wherever and whenever possible.

<_<

downtownlogo.jpg

I'm thinking the 'winner' of the forum goes to cafepress or some similar online design shop, makes t-shirts or other merch with the "underground logo" on it, and we all buy some of them and wear them around town, wherever and whenever possible.

<_<

Welcome Lplan and writeguy! I'm down with that idea Lplan!

downtownlogo.jpg

<_<

I'd buy one!!

You could play with the "G" and the "R", using exciting, colorful images and "two word" headlines that point to various aspects of living, working and doing business in "G.R."

Great Restaurants! (Restaurants)

Grand Residences! (Heritage Hill)

Gorgeous Roses! (Meijer gardens/parks, etc.)

Great Reviews! (Theatre, opera, music, etc.)

Golden Rule! (Image of neighbors helping neighbors)

I think GRDad should do the photography! :thumbsup:

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!!

for you allbiz. :thumbsup:

I'm brainstorming some ideas...

But I actually had to share a dream I had last night. That GR had a new campaign with signs all over GR, on billboards, lightposts, all the stores....it had a big picture of Dick DeVos and it said:

Grand Rapids: Built By Dick

Boy did I wake up in a sweat...terrified me lol

This one is really cruddy but I like the font...I was using a trial version of a logo maker and then it crapped on me...and the slogan that is on there is not the one I really wanted on there but it gave me no choice! lol

But I like the jist of it...

GR.bmp

GRAND RAPIDS

'Where reverse psychology is more than a tool for your preteen.'

Drawing on the heritage of the region, how about the tagline of Dutch mother's everywhere:

Downtown Grand Rapids

"You really need to call more often..."

I'm brainstorming some ideas...

But I actually had to share a dream I had last night. That GR had a new campaign with signs all over GR, on billboards, lightposts, all the stores....it had a big picture of Dick DeVos and it said:

Grand Rapids: Built By Dick

Boy did I wake up in a sweat...terrified me lol

boy, its a good thing you didn't add an S to that!

"After you were shocked we even had a downtown, now be floored 'cause there's more."

"Maaa, watch... MOM!... WATCH! -- Watch me dive!" Make a BIG splash in the Grand.

Thanks to this thread for reminding me that income taxes are due.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday GVSU's morning show had an interview with someone who talked about "keep it a secret" and other city slogans. I kept waiting for mentions of our highway signs, church billboards, and so forth.

BTW, have yet to see the psycho olive anywhere DT. Perhaps they are keeping their own counsel.

Archived