Lexington Pics from today

georgeglass

These would have better if I had noticed that there was a smudge on my lens. I was so mad, but I decided to post them anyway. These are of in and around downtown. I was out and about and had my camera, so I took some shots.

Downtown as viewed from the train overpass at Newtown Crossing Apartments

lexpics028.jpg

Hampton Court

lexpics027.jpg

lexpics026.jpg

lexpics025.jpg

lexpics024.jpg

Gratz Park

lexpics023.jpg

lexpics022.jpg

lexpics021.jpg

lexpics020.jpg

lexpics019.jpg

lexpics018.jpg

lexpics017.jpg

lexpics016.jpg

lexpics015.jpg

lexpics014.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More pics

Kimball House Hotel being transformed into condos

lexpics013.jpg

lexpics012.jpg

Courthouse Plaza

lexpics011.jpg

lexpics010.jpg

lexpics009.jpg

Short Street behind Victorian Square

lexpics008.jpg

lexpics007.jpg

Inside Victorian Square

lexpics006.jpg

Triangle Park from Pedway

lexpics005.jpg

Victorian Square and downtown from pedway (excuse the reflection)

lexpics004.jpg

The 500s on Main during construction (First Baptist Church in background)

lexpics003.jpg

Great set of pics. I really enjoyed them. I really liked all the residential shots and the shot of Victorian Square in particular.

Thank you very much for taking the time to take these pics and share them with us on the forum! Maybe this will stoke some more activity.

I hope you have more to share in the future.

Thanks! Enjoyed the pics. I need to visit sometime, it's been too long for me. Drove thru to Cynthiana last year, went up Russell Cave Rd and back on Paris Pike, and finally swung thru Broadway down Nicholasville Rd. So beautiful. I've always stated this is the most beautiful city I know. I really like some of the older bldgs Christ Church and the homes around Transylvania and Richmond Rd.

Great pics. I am from Louisiana, those pics are the closest I have been to Lexington. How tall is the building going to be on 500 Main, where the construction is ?

The tallest point is only 8 floors, but most of the building will be around 4-5. It would be great to have taller buildings, but Lexington seems to be concentrating on creating more of a street wall where we won't have so many empty pockets. I believe that buildings are not exceed 15 floors without a zone change. We have a decent base of downtown residents, but increasing this base will be great and this building is a residential building with some retail thrown in.

Archived