What ever happened to the Northern Ark

atownrocks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be currently dead. I do not know if any land acquired for it is still owned by GDOT. The road is still a necessity since I-285 on the north side is highly congested.

Does anyone want proposed I-3 instead?

I think that I-3 would be good for Savannah and Athens and the Mountain towns, but it still does not solve the traffic problem's in Atlanta, I mean the 285 backup's are ridiculus. Atlanta traffic can now be compared to L.A.'s But everyone still love Atlanta. I guess that's why it is called the "City to Busy to Hate."

The GA DOT & state legislative realized that the year 2000 didn't result in 'the rapture'. So the Northern Ark, with it's pairings of Dunwoodyians, Roswellians, Alpharettites & other exotic species all chosen to accurately reflect the chosen people, was cancelled b/c unfortunately - the apacolypse didn't occur. So instead Georgia elected Sonny Perdue as governor & it was decided that it would be cooler to just widen all the freeways in Atlanta to 20 lanes.

I think that I-3 would be good for Savannah and Athens and the Mountain towns, but it still does not solve the traffic problem's in Atlanta, I mean the 285 backup's are ridiculus. Atlanta traffic can now be compared to L.A.'s But everyone still love Atlanta. I guess that's why it is called the "City to Busy to Hate."

Extending I-24 from Chattanooga to Savannah would be the most logical thing to do. You can remove all the Savannah port traffic and Chattanooga, TN-Greenville, SC traffic from I-285.

The GA DOT & state legislative realized that the year 2000 didn't result in 'the rapture'. So the Northern Arc, with it's pairings of Dunwoodyians, Roswellians, Alpharettites & other exotic species all chosen to accurately reflect the chosen people, was cancelled b/c unfortunately - the apacolypse didn't occur. So instead Georgia elected Sonny Perdue as governor & it was decided that it would be cooler to just widen all the freeways in Atlanta to 20 lanes.

It is no wonder why Sonny Perdue is trailing in the election polls this year when it comes to his road improvement plans. The next governor will try to figure something out.

They need to change that quote to "City too busy to care" because the majority of the people in this area just go along with everything, unless it directly affects them.

It is no wonder why Sonny Perdue is trailing in the election polls this year when it comes to his road improvement plans. The next governor will try to figure something out.

Perdue has a 70% favorability ranking. Sucks being in GA doesn't it?

Also, my 'Northern Ark' story was just a lame attempt at joking about the mispelling of the thread by referencing the biblical story of the Ark. But I thought my idea was pretty funny, just couldn't finish it with words...

Perdue has a 70% favorability ranking. Sucks being in GA doesn't it?

Also, my 'Northern Ark' story was just a lame attempt at joking about the mispelling of the thread by referencing the biblical story of the Ark. But I thought my idea was pretty funny, just couldn't finish it with words...

I liked it, Brad.

:lol:

Archived