Charlotte Project Mood Ring

dubone

Charlotte Project Mood Ring  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the prospects of the projects?

• Black: Tense, nervous, harassed, overworked[/color]
    • Gray: Anxious, nervous, strained
    • Amber: Nervous, emotions mixed, unsettled, cool
    • Green: Average reading. Active, not under great stress
    • Blue-green: Emotionally charged, somewhat relaxed
    • Blue: Relaxed, at ease, calm
    • Dark blue: love , romance

:angry::unsure::wub: ?

UP gets a rep for being skeptical of projects. But in general, I think the reality is more mixed or positive.

What is the general mood about the likelihood of the major projects going through to completion?

*(The choices are from the wikipedia definitions for the actual mood ring colors)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to keep my own expectations within arm's reach. But I chose blue-green since IMO Charlotte's economy is healthy, and we are still getting fresh announcements.

Be glad the paper isn't running stories like this one for Las Vegas:

Las Vegas Condos In Retreat

And I do think we'll be seeing more of the same, in cities where the land rush of the past few years was extreme. Miami, San Diego, etc. But affordability has been good here for the last several years, with property values rising normally.

blue-green for me. most of the high impact projects are full-speed ahead. i know the vue hasn't put the shovel in the dirt yet... but it would take something very bad to happen for this not to be built. the wachovia project has me a little emotional... but i'm trying not to play their game. the reason i'm usually calm about this one is that i drive by the 2nd st. (MLK) site often. so, @ least it isn't a matter of "if" but "when" and "what".

lol, I don't think I'm capable of looking at this in such an abstract way.

moonshield, you have a moodshield.

Great thread dubone. I chose blue-green. As you know, I question you a lot because you seem, I wouldn't say negative, on projects, but definately more skeptical than I, and therefore, I like to pick your brain for your reasoning. You have been on here a lot longer than I so I figured you had experience with projects both going forth and being scraped. I do say that now I am happy since the Vue, 210 Trade (I am pretty sure), and the Wachovia project, are all on the way. Any worries I have seem to be alliviated. These are my 3 favorite. Plus I know we have several more on the way.

Archived