Smyrna getting 14 screen theater

smeagolsfree

An article from the NBJ that Smyrna will be getting a 14 screen theater.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

How much in fill do you all see happening along the interstates between Nashville and the Boro. or for that matter between all of the outlying cities?

Sometimes I dont know if its a good thing or a bad.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An article from the NBJ that Smyrna will be getting a 14 screen theater.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

How much in fill do you all see happening along the interstates between Nashville and the Boro. or for that matter between all of the outlying cities?

Sometimes I dont know if its a good thing or a bad.

I predict Smyrna will be the "New Franklin" in terms of retail development. Just take a look at Sam Ridley and Nissan boulevard (acres and acres of land behind the Wal-Mart), they are slated for heavy retail infill and town homes. And imagine what it will be like once Sam Ridley is extended to Franklin, which will happen, eventually. I for one think it's gr8, because most people i know that live in Smyrna do not feel like driving to either Murfreesboro or Nashville for a night out on the town. I also think that you're going to see many more housing developments around Old Hickory Boulevard and Lavergne.

One factor holding back Smyrna from becoming the next 'Cool Springs' is the lack of underground utilities (and support for it)

And maybe one high semi (which is better than the Expo Cntr???????)

One factor holding back Smyrna from becoming the next 'Cool Springs' is the lack of underground utilities (and support for it)

And maybe one high semi (which is better than the Expo Cntr???????)

LOL, I understand that one. The Expo was an eyesore, the truck showcase that sits there now is putting it to good use, though. Underground utilities would be welcome news, if the population had the pockets for it. The only area slated for complete underground utilities is the train stop/museum on South Lowry.

There are a few places in Smyrna/La Vergne that have underground utilities, but I'm pretty sure they are all homeowners associations and shopping centers. I would like to see all the huge power lines removed from the Sam Ridley PArkway Corridor, but these things are huge and must be carrying a lot of electricity that you couldn't easily bury.

I think the expo center was a nice idea, but it was just a miserable failure. It ws built on the premise that it could draw crownds from Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Williamson county. Unfortunately, that didn't work out, and the nail was driven in the coffin when Murefreesboro announced their new conference center. The only thing I don't like about the Rush truck center is that it is the only view people have a Smyrna when driving by if they don't get off the interstate. Once you get to Sam Ridley and see all the upscale developement, you get a completely different impression. No, I doubt Smyrna will ever be Franklin, But it's definitely moving from junk to growth.

The movie theater is being built along with a Target, and either an Old Navy or Khols (still negotiating). These are designed to be visible from I-24, thus giving anothe impression of the area. Tough I do hate the fact they are going to remove so many trees. Why do these new builders everywhere keep doing that????

There are a few places in Smyrna/La Vergne that have underground utilities, but I'm pretty sure they are all homeowners associations and shopping centers. I would like to see all the huge power lines removed from the Sam Ridley PArkway Corridor, but these things are huge and must be carrying a lot of electricity that you couldn't easily bury.

I think the expo center was a nice idea, but it was just a miserable failure. It ws built on the premise that it could draw crownds from Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Williamson county. Unfortunately, that didn't work out, and the nail was driven in the coffin when Murefreesboro announced their new conference center. The only thing I don't like about the Rush truck center is that it is the only view people have a Smyrna when driving by if they don't get off the interstate. Once you get to Sam Ridley and see all the upscale developement, you get a completely different impression. No, I doubt Smyrna will ever be Franklin, But it's definitely moving from junk to growth.

The movie theater is being built along with a Target, and either an Old Navy or Khols (still negotiating). These are designed to be visible from I-24, thus giving anothe impression of the area. Tough I do hate the fact they are going to remove so many trees. Why do these new builders everywhere keep doing that????

Because pavement is more beautiful.

Nice - this will be a Malco theater. Malco does really nice properties and they keep them up and clean. If Malco makes a move into the Nashville market then Carmike and Regal will have a definite run for their money.

Archived