Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdkacz

Urban Planet featured in GR MAG

18 posts in this topic

In the most recent issue of Grand Rapids Magazine there is a whole page article on the effect and significance of the Grand Rapids forum on Urban Planet. Pretty interesting eh?

I think someone else mentioned this somewhere, but I can't recall where. :huh:

I've checked two bookstores and Meijer now and haven't found the new issue of GR Magazine. What's up with that?

I think someone else mentioned this somewhere, but I can't recall where. :huh:

I've checked two bookstores and Meijer now and haven't found the new issue of GR Magazine. What's up with that?

They are available at l'il bite in Bridgewater. I'm out tomorrow or I'd pick one up for you and send it over. Better hurry, this issue is on "GR Attorneys" so I imagine they'll sell out quick in these parts. Maybe try Elliott's. They're open Sundays (but not this late!).

...with quotes from our very own joeDowntown!

This issue also has articles about Newberry Place and the Michigan St. medical towers (with renderings). Pick one up.

I subscribe to it so I got mine in the mail. I was the one who mentioned it on the Watering Hole.

It's a good article.

I can bring it along on Saturday at the meetup for anyone that couldn't get it.

:thumbsup:

...with quotes from our very own joeDowntown!

This issue also has articles about Newberry Place and the Michigan St. medical towers (with renderings). Pick one up.

Where, where, where????!! :lol: I've looked at a bunch of different places and they still have April's Lakefront Living issue.

Where, where, where????!! :lol: I've looked at a bunch of different places and they still have April's Lakefront Living issue.

Try Riverbank Books downtown. That is where I found my first issue way back in December, then I got online and ordered a subscription.

I always get my copy in the mail before they are available on news stands.

edit: typo

Try Riverbank Books downtown. That is where I found my first issue way back in December, then I got online and ordered a subscription.

I've tried twice now. No luck. :( Woz, can you just send me a complimentary copy? :blush:

I've tried twice now. No luck. :( Woz, can you just send me a complimentary copy? :blush:

You can have my copy...I have already perused it and now it is coffee table clutter. :D

Can you wait till Saturday or should I leave it for you at the front desk of my building?

Will someone please scan the article in so that we can all read it?

Will someone please scan the article in so that we can all read it?

It is at home, but I will bring it into work tomorrow and scan it...if someone else doesn't beat me to it!

Does the GRPL subscribe? I always read it at Calvin's library.

I wonder if the UrbanPlanet article is the cause for the short supplies at the bookstores? I usually have no problem finding it when I don't really want it. :P

I wonder if the UrbanPlanet article is the cause for the short supplies at the bookstores? I usually have no problem finding it when I don't really want it. :P

Prolly the Top Lawyers thing being on the cover.

And scanning and posting it prolly isn't such a great idea, especially if UP ever wants any coverage from GR Magazine again. Ripping them off might not be wise.

Prolly the Top Lawyers thing being on the cover.

And scanning and posting it prolly isn't such a great idea, especially if UP ever wants any coverage from GR Magazine again. Ripping them off might not be wise.

Good point GRobserver on the scanning.

I don't think it's the lawyer thing though, because I've checked multiple places (even Meijer, Schuler's and Barnes & Noble in the burbs) and can't find it. There can't be that much demand to read about lawyers. :huh:

Found one at Schuler's. Not bad, although I can't believe Jack Buchanan was given such press in the article. He hasn't posted since December.

And nice plug for Terra Firma Development in the photo. :P

Could someone please email me a scan of the article? I have the mag at my house but won't be home for a while. mbenedict (at) sjwisinski.com .. Thanks!