Pictures of Grand Rapids Skyline

ninehigh

I'd be really interested to see all of your pictures of the Grand Rapids Skyline. I would like to use one for an art project that I want to display in my office. if someone has a shot of the big three buildings (plaza towers, Grand, and Bridgewater) let me see it! also, kudos to anyone who can supply a rendering of the new skyline once the JW Marriott building is up. Thanks for your help!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be really interested to see all of your pictures of the Grand Rapids Skyline. I would like to use one for an art project that I want to display in my office. if someone has a shot of the big three buildings (plaza towers, Grand, and Bridgewater) let me see it! also, kudos to anyone who can supply a rendering of the new skyline once the JW Marriott building is up. Thanks for your help!

No offense, ninehigh, but it's a probably a little presumptuous to think it's okay to

"borrow" photos for your art project. Dadof, feel free to delete this post if I'm

overstepping, but it is my feeling that using any forumers photos for your project

ethically would at least require permission and really, some kind of compensation

for their use. I would suggest negotiating something through a private message

with any forumer here.

We all appreciate the hard work of our contributing photographers and would like

to see their efforts protected, not ripped-off. At the very least, send a PM and ask

the individual for permission before doing a copy/paste of anyone's work. Thanks!

Thanks mejane. Actually, it's really difficult to find a good angle to capture all 4 buildings (including the new Marriott). There is the vantage point from Sunset Drive, but then you're really far away (maybe 2 miles).

Wow Mejane,

That is quite insolent of you to assume that I would "rip off" a photographer's work without their permission. I stated my intentions in my original post. Thanks for your concern though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info GRdad, I'll check out Sunset Drive the next sunny day!

Wow Mejane,

That is quite insolent of you to assume that I would "rip off" a photographer's work without their permission. I stated my intentions in my original post. Thanks for your concern though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info GRdad, I'll check out Sunset Drive the next sunny day!

Thanks for the compliment, ninehigh! Insolent, or BOLD, is something I am proud

of being. You can also call me gutsy, warmhearted, protective, loyal, and fair.

:thumbsup: Good luck with your art project. We are all interested in depictions

of our town and would like to see yours, too. Maybe you will post pictures of it

when it is completed. Thanks in advance!

Ninehigh expressed what he was looking for and Rizzo posted the rendering. How could this be presumptious Mejane? And remember, I'm the hard-ass that is most likely to delete your post. :angry:

Joe

No offense, ninehigh, but it's a probably a little presumptuous to think it's okay to

"borrow" photos for your art project. Dadof, feel free to delete this post if I'm

overstepping, but it is my feeling that using any forumers photos for your project

ethically would at least require permission and really, some kind of compensation

for their use. I would suggest negotiating something through a private message

with any forumer here.

We all appreciate the hard work of our contributing photographers and would like

to see their efforts protected, not ripped-off. At the very least, send a PM and ask

the individual for permission before doing a copy/paste of anyone's work. Thanks!

Ninehigh expressed what he was looking for and Rizzo posted the rendering. How could this be presumptious Mejane? And remember, I'm the hard-ass that is most likely to delete your post. :angry:

Joe

joeDowntown, you intimidate me!

This image is a still from the fly-thru movie that Goettsch Partners had made for the new hotel. Its from the DVD source, not the online version which is why its nice and sharp.

[mg]http://www-personal.umich.edu/~numstead/Pictures/alticor/GRnightDVDstill.jpg

that does look pretty :wub: I wish that BAPR would go away though (the one to the right of the image)

I always love the view when coming into downtown on eastbound 196 going around the curves. I tried driving around south of Lake Michigan Drive the other day to find a good vantage point, but to no avail. I'd assume that there's a good view from that building that you can see on the top of the hill when you're heading west on the Ford. Does anybody know where to get a good picture of the skyline from that area? And also, what is that building?

Archived