Sault Sainte Marie

dtown

I was up in Soo this weekend and I've got some pics for all of you.

This first shot is one of a musem of some kind.

bbdc8217.jpg

A huge hydroelectric power plant along the St. Marys River

69773d16.jpg

Looking up the side of "The Tower of History"

058a1ecd.jpg

The Ramada

DSC00729.jpg

Some building

0779a9c5.jpg

Another building

DSC00748.jpg

The Tower of History

DSC00718_edited.jpg

Looking down the street at the bridge of the canal for that power plant.

DSC00724.jpg

Freighters is a very good restaurant, i highly recommend it.

DSC00731.jpg

A big concrete sign by the gates to the locks.

DSC00747.jpg

A 1000 footer passing under the International Bridge.

DSC00744.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Gary. I liked the downtown up there, i didnt notice too many vacancies, but some of the buildings were a little in disrepair. But good news, i saw 2 buildings getting new facades.

Nice Dtown. Only been to the Soo a couple of times and only on my way to get strip searched in CANADA. Did you get to see the huge forest fire just east of I-75 in Oscoda and Ogemaw counties. 5000 acres as of 8:30 this morning.

For some reason I thought that teh Ramada was a little more massive than it really is. It's the only building that I distictly remember from when I was there maybe four years ago and obviously even that memory isn't all that good. Thank you for the visual refresher.

Nice Dtown. Only been to the Soo a couple of times and only on my way to get strip searched in CANADA. Did you get to see the huge forest fire just east of I-75 in Oscoda and Ogemaw counties. 5000 acres as of 8:30 this morning.

YES!!! I stopped at the rest area near West Branch on the way home and i could see like smoke in the air and it smelled like smoke and wondered what was going on, then i looked back once 75 got up on a hill and i saw a big plume of smoke. Tried to get a pic but couldnt get it.

and, that ramada is really nice on the inside, i went inside it to look out the 6th floor window. The lobby was real nice and the hall were real nice too, i didnt go inside any of the rooms

Around noon they said it was more like 3300 to 5000 acres but couldn't be sure yet. No injuries, but they don't know if it destroyed any homes. It was also 50% contained. It was supposed to rain here in TC today, but so far nothing.

Archived