Stilts Building

robm324

There has been no mention of The Hartford considering Hartford in any articles and I think they should. Whether it be on Asylum Hill near there current building or somewhere downtown the city needs to at least try because these are a lot of jobs that the city could gain and it would finally start a reversal of companies that move to the suburbs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been no mention of The Hartford considering Hartford in any articles and I think they should. Whether it be on Asylum Hill near there current building or somewhere downtown the city needs to at least try because these are a lot of jobs that the city could gain and it would finally start a reversal of companies that move to the suburbs.

I think they are gonna try. I talked to my freind who is Eddie's assistant and she said they are well aware of the situation at City Hall. Whether The Hartford is interested or not is another story. I think that would be worth sweetening the pot though, to entice them to build in the city.

When Providence landed GTECH it was largely incentives from the state that made it happen. GTECH was planning on moving to Massachusetts, the city and state worked together, with incentives from both to make them move to Providence instead. I think the city of Hartford probably would need similar help from the state of Connecticut to get a large company like the Hartford to consider the city. Of course the situation is a bit different, since the Hartford is not threatening to leave the state entirely. It all comes down to how serious the state is about maintaining and boosting the economic health of it's cities.

When Providence landed GTECH it was largely incentives from the state that made it happen. GTECH was planning on moving to Massachusetts, the city and state worked together, with incentives from both to make them move to Providence instead. I think the city of Hartford probably would need similar help from the state of Connecticut to get a large company like the Hartford to consider the city. Of course the situation is a bit different, since the Hartford is not threatening to leave the state entirely. It all comes down to how serious the state is about maintaining and boosting the economic health of it's cities.

Well it's a very different situation here. We just want a new building and for them to move more greater Hartford workers back to the city. The Global Headquarters is still in the city which is what really matters. We just want it all. They should be looking at the city, especially if they are going to build a new structure. It really doesn't matter for the region since this is all greater Hartford anyway. If Hartford could start reeling in these corporations that are sprawling all across the Metro, we could really fill every square foot of office space downtown very quickly, and fuel demand for new office construction downtown.

Then we could revive ghost towers from the 80's and take over New England as previously planned. :thumbsup:

If Hartford could start reeling in these corporations that are sprawling all across the Metro, we could really fill every square foot of office space downtown very quickly, and fuel demand for new office construction downtown.

Then we could revive ghost towers from the 80's and take over New England as previously planned. :thumbsup:

That's what I'd love to see. Imagine how much of an advantage Hartford would have over the rest of the country with that location, and a better business climate.

That's what I'd love to see. Imagine how much of an advantage Hartford would have over the rest of the country with that location, and a better business climate.

We already know that per capita, Metro Hartford tops the nation in GMP. Now if we could make Hartford city top the nation in GMP we would really have something to brag about. We already do, but more to brag about.

I heard there are are more then 4,000 employees in Simsbury??? Is that correct because if that is these jobs would go and easily replace the jobs lost recently by MetLife, Saint Paul Travelers, UPS, MassMutual etc...And if they do not move to Hartford they should at least be close to Hartford and Enfield is not close to Hartford....

I heard there are are more then 4,000 employees in Simsbury??? Is that correct because if that is these jobs would go and easily replace the jobs lost recently by MetLife, Saint Paul Travelers, UPS, MassMutual etc...And if they do not move to Hartford they should at least be close to Hartford and Enfield is not close to Hartford....

Yeah, Simsbury is the headquarters for Hartford Life. I actually work next door at Chubb Specialty Insurance in Simsbury. I wish we could move downtown. I hate working in the burbs personally. You can't walk anywhere and it just doesn't feel like working downtown.

• 1 month later...

driving back home tonight down 91 i noticed the stilts building has more lights on inside than even 2 weeks ago. it used to be only one floor near the top was lit, but much more tonite. any new tenants there? also noticed the lights on the travelers tower aren't on as late as they once were.

driving back home tonight down 91 i noticed the stilts building has more lights on inside than even 2 weeks ago. it used to be only one floor near the top was lit, but much more tonite. any new tenants there? also noticed the lights on the travelers tower aren't on as late as they once were.

Im not sure...I do know that one of the major corporate tenants on one of the upper floors is Dain Rauscher (the 10th largest full services securities firm in the country). I have been up to their office numerous times and it is very nice....now lets just get more neighbors for them

Archived