Major James Center Expansion

wrldcoupe4

I dont think Burt has seen this topic yet, so Ill bring it back up from the bottom of the piles :thumbsup:

Yep, burban, I've perused and enjoyed this topic. But somewhere there were renderings of what was originally planned at James Center back in the early 80s and now I can't find it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a rendering of Three James Center after the 12-story addition. It reminds me a lot of One Wachovia Center in Charlotte, NC except that Three James Center will have more glass.

The finally version of Three James Center will not be boxy in appearance. The top of the building will have a series of "humps" that will taper towards the center.

If I can only find that darn rendering!!!

Yes Shakman I am glad you said that its gonna look like One Wachovia Center in Charlotte reason for that being One Wachovia Center is my favorite building in Charlotte. I can't wait to see the rendering if you can get up on here so I can see the rendering.

I saw a rendering of Three James Center after the 12-story addition. It reminds me a lot of One Wachovia Center in Charlotte, NC except that Three James Center will have more glass.

The finally version of Three James Center will not be boxy in appearance. The top of the building will have a series of "humps" that will taper towards the center.

If I can only find that darn rendering!!!

Yes, I'dbe curious to see it!

Now the pressure's on.... we'll come after you with torches and pitchforks...

Great... If I do not find this rendering, I will be convicted for being a witch and be hung...

A week ago, the rendering was right next to my office. Now the people with the rendering have moved. Shak will push on and find the rendering.

No we won't hang you, but you have a choice between a stoning or being burned at the stake!

I thing I would prefer burning at the stake. I have always wanted a tan before I die. :P

I am still in the hunt for the rendering(s).

I thing I would prefer burning at the stake. I have always wanted a tan before I die. :P

I am still in the hunt for the rendering(s).

We're patiently waiting, Shak.

I've been known to make things up - old age, you know. :lol: But you would never be accused of that. :)

I almost found it. I spoke with someone from Richmond Renn and they had indicated to me that they were not aloud to "release" the rendering. However, I did get a magazine with a picture that shows the back half of how Three James Center will look like. At least one will be able to see how tall it will be in relation to Two James Center. There is a sgnificant difference in height between the the buildings. From what I can tell, Three James Center will be about the height of SunTrust.

The only problem, I do not have the means to scan and post.

The publication is Creative Workspace. I got it for free from Richmond Renn. Richmond Renn also told me that they intend on adding the slide show on to their web page.

I thought about taking a photo of the picture, but the picture is very small to begin with.

Also, you wouldnt have by chance heard any word on how the owners are progressing with the expansion?

did you stop by their office to pick up the publication?

I stopped by Richmond Renn for the magazine.

From what I have read about the James Center Expansion, the new owners are focusing more on the retail aspect. They are trying to lure upscale restaurants.

Currently, there appears to be only about 55,000 sq ft of office space remaining for vacancy. That is DAMN good for a million sq ft project.

coupe, are you anywhere near Downtown at the moment? If so, I can give you my copy of the magazine. If so, please do not mind the drool marks on the picture. :P

haha I actually left the office around 5.... I'm there every day though.

The James Center is an awesome property. Vacancy is at or below 5% and the rents are considerable.

I've also heard that the new owners want to boost the retail portion and orient more towards the street.It would be nice if it had retail that was open more than just during the week... Being right next to Shockoe Slip, I bet the area could easily support it.

haha I actually left the office around 5.... I'm there every day though.

The James Center is an awesome property. Vacancy is at or below 5% and the rents are considerable.

I've also heard that the new owners want to boost the retail portion and orient more towards the street.It would be nice if it had retail that was open more than just during the week... Being right next to Shockoe Slip, I bet the area could easily support it.

Damn dude, you and I should do lunch. I walk down to the James Center everyday for lunch!!!

I think the market is there for a few upscale restaurants. There is an office furniture that recently opened inside the ground floor of Three James.

Damn dude, you and I should do lunch. I walk down to the James Center everyday for lunch!!!

I think the market is there for a few upscale restaurants. There is an office furniture that recently opened inside the ground floor of Three James.

It is!

Exspecially when it expand more and more restuarants will come down there.

I'm glade richmond is getting 3 more towers on it's agenda, and 6 towers on it's agenda.

With all of the towers and expantions and companies coming to the area downton should have as many things as Short Pump in 10 years.

Great to hear of James Center's low vacancy rate.

Maybe it has been poor marketing, but I don't believe retail has ever done well in the Atrium/Omni/James Center ground level space.

And as excited as I am about restaurants, I do wonder if fine dining in Shockoe Slip is not nearing the saturation point.

Now that The Downtown Club has folded, I would be very surprised if that roof-top space at Riverfront Tower West were not converted to an up-scale public dining room with a view.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived