Major James Center Expansion

wrldcoupe4

Joey, they probably look slimmer because they're so much taller... most office users want around 20k square feet per floor of space these days. Shakman said that this rendering is slightly different from a larger one down at Richmond Renaissance (Renaissance Partners now)... the larger one had the curvy roof.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominion owns that lot and unfortunately, I think they bought it a couple years ago for the purpose of surface parking for its employees. It used to be owned by the James Center folks (previous owner). We all agree it is THE location for a signature tower.

I'm sure something will happen there eventually, but give the current owner, who knows when?

cool story burt!

There's another smaller triangle at that site, isn't there?

Coupe, when you use the plural "they" in reference to James Center, you really mean "it", don't you? Only one "new" tower appears in that rendering and even it is a vertical extension of James Center III.

I'd be surprised if James Center III could support so many new floors. A rough count totals about 35 or 40 stories in that rendering to my unsteady eye.

Coupe, when you use the plural "they" in reference to James Center, you really mean "it", don't you? Only one "new" tower appears in that rendering and even it is a vertical extension of James Center III.

I'd be surprised if James Center III could support so many new floors. A rough count totals about 35 or 40 stories in that rendering to my unsteady eye.

Burt I counted about 26 :) and I'm not sure of the "they" you are referring to, but there's only the expansion of JC III shown in that rendering. There are plans for other expansion though...

Joey, they probably look slimmer because they're so much taller... most office users want around 20k square feet per floor of space these days. Shakman said that this rendering is slightly different from a larger one down at Richmond Renaissance (Renaissance Partners now)... the larger one had the curvy roof.

Here are the "theys" I was referring to. One could interpret that all the buildings in the rendering are proposed for future when only the "slim" one is. :)

And my poor old eyes still come up with at least 30 stories, and that count does not include the base of the building.

What floor count do others come up with in the rendering?

haha those they's were in reference to Joey saying how much sleeker buildings looked in Philly. I was implying that they are probably just as wide, if not wider, but they are much taller, giving them their sleekness :thumbsup:

Oh! OK.

But count those floors again. I'm positive there are more than 26. :P

No, I counted it's just 26 stories but it looked like at the top there could be 1 or 2 more. But all I see are 26.

Grrrrr! Are you sure you counted the base? I'm sure you guys have missed a few levels. :rolleyes: I'm going back and count one more time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived