Major James Center Expansion

wrldcoupe4

Wasn't it recently disclosed that if JC expansion actually proceeds, they will begin with a building across Canal Street so as not to displace workers in JC III?

My understanding was that the addition can be done with minimal impact to current tenants. I have personally witnessed this many times.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed CB lost this listing a couple months ago. Will Thalhimer be marketing the expansion plan? Also, I wonder if they'll have any luck with that parcel with air rights adjacent to the RMA deck.

The way Thalhimer does their marketing for a property... we might not see this building get leased right away. I think we need the governor or the mayor to step in and bring in a Fortune 500 Company to fully lease out the building... IMO

• 9 months later...

James Center Development Co. (ownership) has the same address as CSX's Headquarters in Jacksonville.

The parcel which supposedly has air rights is just southwest of the main development parcel and has RMA ownership since it is part of the RMA Parking Deck.

I don't know how up to date this is but:

http://www.thalhimer.com/propListing.php?T...;transType=Sale

The last I saw is the parcel on the same block as the RMA Garage is still for sale.

Is the current owner the same as the James Center?

GREAT NEWS!!! As I was leaving work today I saw an "under contract" sticker across the Thalhimer's For Sale sign on this lot. I hope we'll hear something soon.

Excellent!!! If something of significance gets built, it will do a great job filling in the skyline where the Downtown Expressway has left a gap.

It seems awfully small for a significant office building, to be honest. Is there any hint of what type of structure is being planned for that site? I wouldn't mind seeing some street-level retail regardless of what gets built.

It's been marketed as a high-rise development opportunity...

The surface parcel is over 17k square feet. If you throw in the portion of the RMA deck with air rights, it's not as small as it appears. Depending on what you mean by significant, a 15-20 story office tower there would look pretty good. It isn't really the kind of site where you would see a signature tower or anything though.

It seems awfully small for a significant office building, to be honest. Is there any hint of what type of structure is being planned for that site? I wouldn't mind seeing some street-level retail regardless of what gets built.

The RMA garage, to my understanding, has air rights. To verify this, I went to the top of the RMA garage and discovered concrete capped columns...

Of course this could also be an indication that the garage has the ability to expand vertically.

Maybe so or both of the above. I guess we have to wait and see... ;)

• 3 years later...

Is the city still concerned with the Major James Center Expansion idea? If we are trying to get international markets and a few more fortune 500 companies, this wood be a good idea. Not just for the sake of extending the floors and height of the current towers, but for the space to fill in.

Archived