The Monarch

JDawgboy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the updates!! :thumbsup:

I take it this is still the most up-to-date rendering for The Monarch?

austinmonarch25xu.jpg

Yes that is the updated rendering for the Monarch. Origionally it was planned as a 24 story building and the design was alittle bit different. I actually like the updated version alot better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is correct. The tower itself will be on the side closest to Shoal Creek on the western corner of the lot. While the 4 story townhomes will take up the rest of the lot to the east. it is a large footprint overall as I mentioned when I took the pictures but overall the tower will only take a small portion of it.

update: They have started moving in equipment, cranes ect... I don't know if there will be an official groundbreaking with this building or not but if there is, it will probably be alittle later once they get some of the groundwork done.

• 2 weeks later...

Small article about the start of construction on the Monarch. This project will have 305 apartments and 9,000sf of retail space. Construction on the Monarch should take about two years to complete.

Kevin Wisdom, principal of ZOM Texas Inc., says the company is interested in doing more developments in Austin. "It's a very attractive city for many reasons: lifestyle, the employment base, it has a very vibrant downtown core," he says. "We've not yet identified another site to proceed with but we do continue to examine opportunities."

Austin Business Journal: 29-story residential tower taking shape downtown

Archived