Wilson County on track to add 35K to 40K in the '00s

ATLBrain

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson's growth is explosive.

OK, so it's not exactly an "urban" topic. But with the new rail line into Wilson and the addition of 40,000 residents, this can't hurt the chances for Music City Star's success.

A lot of links from Sunday's online Tennessean.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...ategory=DITLO05

Wilson County is God's country. Good families with good values are warming our beautiful Tennessee countryside. I say welcome, and use our new MCS when it's completed.

I just hope (but not very much) most of that beautiful land can be developed responsibly.

Hey, Scan, you in Wilson? I don't think I've ever been off the I-40 through there. I'd like to see some pics. I've heard that there are some great neighborhoods there.

With the explosive and seemingly accelerating growth taking place in Wilson, Rutherford, and Williamson Counties, and the unprecedented growth in downtown housing in Nashville, as well as solid growth in the remaining Metro counties, there is absolutely no doubt to me that Nashville has arrived. The nation has "discovered" Nashville, and the Nashville Metro area will most definitely be one of the nation's high growth areas for years to come.

With the explosive and seemingly accelerating growth taking place in Wilson, Rutherford, and Williamson Counties, and the unprecedented growth in downtown housing in Nashville, as well as solid growth in the remaining Metro counties, there is absolutely no doubt to me that Nashville has arrived. The nation has "discovered" Nashville, and the Nashville Metro area will most definitely be one of the nation's high growth areas for years to come.

It sure seems that way.

From everything I've seen, Sumner is right in there with the explosive growth thing going on. I heard they're expecting to grow by 45K by 2010. That'd make the pop somewhere around 175K.

I knew it was growing, but had no idea it was growing that fast. I think everyone will be surprised at the growth of Davidson too. This is all reminding me of the growth Atlanta was going through in the 80's and early 90's. It can be a bad thing if the planning is not done.

Planning? Why I'm sure Mt. Juliet has had a master plan since...

Good friend of mine lives close to Providence and land prices around him has gone nuts in less than 2 years time. No actually, there is no more land left for sale except for sub-divisions.

Anywayz, skool groth r #1 concern (and traffic)

I knew it was growing, but had no idea it was growing that fast. I think everyone will be surprised at the growth of Davidson too. This is all reminding me of the growth Atlanta was going through in the 80's and early 90's. It can be a bad thing if the planning is not done.

The faster the Metro area grows, the more important planning is. It's getting pretty obvious that growth is accelerating, and I'm hoping the all area planning takes that into account. You can have a plan, but the plan may be based on population growth assumptions that are wrong. It's high time that the planning assumptions be reviewed carefully, and any necessary planning corrections be made.

Wilson County is God's country. Good families with good values are warming our beautiful Tennessee countryside. I say welcome, and use our new MCS when it's completed.

Exactly...it is beautiful Tennessee countryside...but it won't stay that way for long if this comes in the form of more typical sprawl. I'm glad these folks are moving in...but I hope some of them are at least given the option to live in responsible development.

• 2 months later...

Anywayz, skool groth r #1 concern (and traffic)

I use to live in Lebanon. The so-called schools are more worried about how the students dress more than educating them. At alot of the schoolboard meetings, they were busy debating the definition of a sandal and whether or not its school appropriate attire :blink: They just built a new school a few years ago (Wilson Central) which is out in the middle of nowhere and too small and overbudget (its already overcrowded).

Traffic is only bad during rush hour and when the schools let out. School busses stop traffic which cause jams in town but once your out in the country, its not too bad. I doubt this county (Lebanon atleast) will develop smart growth habits. I had hopes for the new road (Hartman Drive) but before I left, I saw they were already planning on putting in a used car dealership.

My own personal opinion is that Mt. Juliet is managing growth very well. I know that doesn't cover the entire couty, but I think the Providence project will turn out as a model for the reast of this area, and maybe the rest of the country. You see a lot more of these 'live, work, shop, play" developements cropping up in the suburbs so that people don't have to contribute to that sprawl by traveling downtown everyday. That should make everyone happy!

Archived