*Miami* - Projects & Construction List

bobliocatt

WOW they just keep building and building. Even though this are great porjects it's just more or a hurricane to destroy. But on the good side of this is great that some many wonderful pojects are helping transform Miami. I still think Miami is it's own country ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW they just keep building and building. Even though this are great porjects it's just more or a hurricane to destroy. But on the good side of this is great that some many wonderful pojects are helping transform Miami. I still think Miami is it's own country

I don't think they will be in to much trouble with Hurricanes, the entire Pacific Coast is one big earthquake away from falling into the Pacific Ocean, but San Fransico, Portland, & Seattle are pretty nice urban cities that have been around for a while.

I don't think they will be in to much trouble with Hurricanes, the entire Pacific Coast is one big earthquake away from falling into the Pacific Ocean, but San Fransico, Portland, & Seattle are pretty nice urban cities that have been around for a while.

The real problem with Hurricanes isn't so much the damage they cause the buildings and infrastructure (though Andrew proved that can be devastating). It's the mental reminder that we are vulnerable. Miami runs hot and cold. Right now it's very hot. One could storm could scare people and money away and the whole market will do a 180. South Dade still has not fully recovered from Andrew. The white-flight from those neighborhoods was unbelievable, taking business and money.

It was a hurricane that busted the boom in '26. It could be another that busts this boom. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand, but it's something to think about.

So nobody knows what that Opera Center rendering is?

Hopefully, the State won't see any major storms soon. BTW, what is the Opera Center rendering?

Sorry if i wasn't clear...

I got unlazy and looked it up.

http://www.rodriguezquiroga.com/anderson.html

Lakelander, you had it listed in your third set of renderings. I had not seen that one before. Interestingly they say completion date is 2002. I think I remember seeing a sign up for it across from the PAC. It's not U/C yet.

Even though I'm a storm lover, here's to hoping that the bad ones stay away.

I LOVE MIAMI!!

It's probably easily the #3 city for construction right now, but let's be realistic....no place can hold a candle to Chicago, and especially New York.

Inn NYC they seem to be building 20 new buildings per day. And building them for SIZE too.

New York and Chicago are a clear and distant #1 and #2....but damn, Miami is definately holding it's own!

Can't wait to get back down there soon.

^Your're right, no place in North America can hold a candle to New York's & Chicago's already built urban environment, except maybe Mexico City. However, based on the number of highrise proposals or projects under construction, mile for mile, or by metro area, I think many will be shocked to see that the real numbers are a lot closer between Chicagoland & South Florida than it appears to the average person, on the surface. If I had the time, I'd try to compile the numbers to see for such, but my hands are already full just trying to search for information to get on this site.

• 3 weeks later...

another tower for Miami: (by Miamiballinboi @ SSP)

River Renaissance

Taylor Development and Land Company

Miami, Florida

The project is located in Downtown Miami of the north bank of the Miami River. This mixed-use project consists of three high-rise residential towers with approximately 1,100 residential units. The project also includes 150,000 square feet of retail and 30,000 square feet of restaurants, and its associated parking facilities.

w_mix_river2.gifw_mix_river.gif

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. Here are some more high-rise towers proposed for the downtown Miami area.

The revised Met Miami (tallest tower has been replaced by two 600' towers)

279629.jpg

One Miami (u/c next to Met Miami, site is bottom left of top rendering)

blg01.jpg

One Miami (construction pics)

April232004.jpgApril242004.JPG

The Plaza on Brickell

293483.jpg

The Cite Condos - www.citecondos.com

293602.jpg

Fifth Avenue Lofts (by FernandoZ at SSP)

0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The performing Arts Center is also beside current hotels such as the Marroit and Radisson. This will maybe spark development in the abandoned mall underneath the Radisson. A couple of levels are used by FIU but I think that there is still empty space.

That's the omni mall. It's being used by the... uh... I don't remember the name but it's a vocational arts school. The hotels have been there a while and most people drive in and out. They haven't had much of an impact, but if everything is built out there will be a few thousand extra people living with in just a couple of blocks of that area and it'll be hard to imagine not having something develop out of the Omni.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you looked at in terms of percentage, Miami would have to be #1.

Miami could possibly see 5, 6... 10 times as many highrises as we have now by the time the boom is over.

Somebody with numbers will have to figure it out.

Thoughts?

I don't have the numbers, but I have to say, having lived in Florida all my life I'm a little ashamed to admit that I only recently made the trip down to Miami (I'm only 20 though). However, I was SHOCKED, I am SHOCKED at the number of highrises in Miami...who knew? I don't think anyone really gets it unless they have been there... We just so happened to get off the Turnpike at Ft. Lauderdale and took A1A down to Miami for the rest of the way and it was well worth it...wall to wall skyscrapers, truly breathtaking at times, and highrises going up everywhere, especially Sunny Isles and southward. The old art deco skyscrapers are my favorite, very classy.

Archived