The Shore | Kimpton Hotel

eastsider

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I think they may be started initial work on the Hotel part because I noticed they had heavy equipment and alot of dirt movment just next to the shore where the hotel is supposed to go up. So hopefully we should see that building rise soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The 22-story Shore looks to be complete (on the outside anyway), not sure when people will be moving in. Site prep for the Kimpton Hotel took place last year and I haven't heard anything reliable about when construction is supposed to start. Since the Shore and Kimpton were designed to be connected up to the sixth floor, one side of the base of the Shore will always look unfinished if the hotel isn't built.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The developer announced today that they could only secure financing for the Hotel portion of the project. So it was redesigned as a 16 story hotel instead of the 31 story hotel with condos on the top floors. Here's the new rendering:

HotelVanZandt_August_2008_2.jpg

Here's the link to the article in the Austin Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/...7422&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
so, what is actually being buit?

In the new rending I understand that is the Hotel, but it will be paired with the shorter building from the earlier rendering?

so the tall building is now replaced by this new shorter hotel correct?

any images of what they will look like together?

Archived