Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

resourcefulidiot

Photo request

14 posts in this topic

I havent made it to New Center in a while, though Ive been downtown quite frequently. Any pictures of the street level? How much progress has been made in street scape improvements, New center park imporvemetns etc?

Are you talking about along Woodward, specifically? Because, I'd be interested in seeing that, as well.

There have been very little changes that I've seen to Woodward in New Center. One or two facades have been redone very well though. New Center Hardware is one of them.

Well, the sidewalks are all new and there is new lighting which looks fantastic, but I don't recall if there is new street trees yet. Some of the businesses have some really nice facade improvements as well! I don't have any pictures to share right now though.

There have been very little changes that I've seen to Woodward in New Center. One or two facades have been redone very well though. New Center Hardware is one of them.

Dont forget about the building on the southeast corner of Woodward and Grand Blvd. The one that used to have the netting. Beautifully restored now. Plus the removal of the ugly canopies. Big changes in New Center if you ask me.

I have some photos of the buildings nearby prior to facade improvements. I'll be in AA tomorrow morning and then I'll head back through Detroit to snap some photos.

Thank you Lord.

After 3 years, I now own a car.

im interseted in seeing them photots.ive never been to new center before.

New Center was a bit frantic with traffic today. My friends were taking their own photos and I was struggling to snap shots and drive at the same time. But I did get that one building on the corner of Grand and Woodward

ncr.jpg

dtown, I don't wanna leave you hanging on what New Center looks like so here's a shot from the WSU parking structure I took last year. It's mainly that clump of large buildings off to the left.

22748262_23cf6b1515_b.jpg

So basically I saw new sidewalks that weren't anything special. It looks nice though.

Now some really nice new sidewalks are going up along Mich Ave.

Anyone got a pic of that building when the netting was on it. It would be interesting to see the comparison.

That sunset shot is great Wolverine. I pride myself on the fact that I scour Detroit for parking garages to shoot from. (i hope you all sense the sarcasm) But I will definitely have to check out WSU.

Thanks Zissou. That was last great picture Ghettocam v. 1.0 took. And it was on low batteries too.

Ghettocam did good. I wonder if theres a similar vantage where you could get just the Fisher in there. That sunset is great though.

that sunset shot is great.

lol, i dont know why, but i love new sidewalks, they make everything look so crisp and clean, especiallt when they add some brick pavers to it.