Piney-Z Development

Glenn

Sorry to hear about this for the Piney-Z community however, I don't blame any investor/developer for not building a complete town center for just 700 homes. With all the competition from SouthWood, Fallschase & everything else on the horizon the last thing this development, or our City, needs is more vacant buidings from failed businesses.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../605010318/1010

Also, I didn't realize that Piney-Z was under the control of a new developer...Evergreen Communities?

http://www.evergreen-communities.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the links Glenn. I had the feeling way back when Piney Z started that this promised town center would never be built. I'm more surprised that some in the community are so shocked that it isn't going to happen. The developers are correct that retail will be more in demand and sustainable along Apalachee near Conner.

I've never been a big fan of this community. It's one of my least favorite big developments in town. The more expensive section where they tried to run off the eagles and then named it after them is OK, but the duplex/vinyl siding homes high on the tree-less hill is ugly and tacky to me.

Its funny you all mention the eagles.

A lawsuit is underway between the City of Tallahassee and PineyZ over an agreement signed back when the project was first proposed that stated there would be no building in the Bald Eagle refuge located there in PineyZ. Under the agreement, it was said that if the Eagle's nest ever fell and the Eagles left the area the property could be developed.

For some mysterious reason, the Eagles nest fell and was rebuilt by the eagles within a day. PineyZ claims the agreement was specific to THAT ONE nest that fell, not any new nest and now wants to develop the land. The city, of course, opposes.

For some mysterious reason, the Eagles nest fell and was rebuilt by the eagles within a day. PineyZ claims the agreement was specific to THAT ONE nest that fell, not any new nest and now wants to develop the land. The city, of course, opposes.

Man what a bunch of slime balls! If they build in the buffer zone, it's almost a guarantee that the eagles will abandon the nest. What horrible community members these developers are. We are talking the National Bird here vs extra money for these greedy developers. Hopefully this case will appear in the Democrat soon? I think the community needs to know who these people really are and how they operate. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had a hand in the old nest falling.

Archived