Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twoshort

45 S. Division

17 posts in this topic

What happened to the Indian Restaurant that was slated for this spot? Glad to see it someone is picking up the pieces of prior failed project!

[Original info posted by GRDad in the Coffee House]

According the GR Press the Monte's guys are buying the Alma Latina building. Here's some info on the building

Maybe they'll get to do their idea they had previously planned for Monte's before the NIMBY's started crying...

Maybe they'll get to do their idea they had previously planned for Monte's before the NIMBY's started crying...

What was that again?

What was that again?

Was it a Tapas place? Or a Strip-N-Bowl?

Or a Strip-N-Bowl?

This would be interesting :huh:

Was it a Tapas place? Or a Strip-N-Bowl?

STRIP-N-BOWL??? Hadn't heard that one.

In reality I think they were shooting for an upscale restuarant, maybe a jazz/blues place, perhaps tapas. I went through all the old city minutes a while ago and read all about it, but i forget the details. I think they're full of good ideas, they just need the right space.

it was to be called "republic" & yes it was to have a Tapas cuisine atmosphere.

it was to be called "republic" & yes it was to have a Tapas cuisine atmosphere.

Yep.. they wanted to make it really nice.. valet parking and what not.. but the people who live in the apartments above the antique shop basically hate what they're doing on Bridge street and put up a pretty big fuss. The new building looks like it has enough space to do that concept REALLY well. Although it is right around the corner from San Chez (which is damn yummy too)

STRIP-N-BOWL???

Don't give Mark London any more ideas, or he'll end up bringing new meaning to the phrase "7-10 split".

Don't give Mark London any more ideas, or he'll end up bringing new meaning to the phrase "7-10 split".

:rofl::rofl:

There was a Pinnicle truck out there and a man in a pink shirt carrying drawings in the back door. That's what i saw when i was spying out my window.

I mentioned this weekend in the "work in the heartside" thread that I'd seen a lot of activity lately. People walking in and out of the back door as if they were showing the space, probably getting estimates, a new very large (and already full) dumpster out back, a few pinnacle trucks - and now an official pinnacle sign on the building, an electricians truck, an elevator repair truck, and a port-a-john out back. I heard some demo work - glass breaking, pounding, etc. on Monday morning when I was walking to my car.

Long story short: they have for sure started remodeling though I've no idea what they're doing to it... dontknow.gif