UP MEETUP IN JUNE

Okay, everyone - it is time to talk about another meetup! :D I'm thinking the first week in June. Everyone give your input and let's make this thing happen. We need an exact day, time, and location. June 3 is the first Saturday, if that helps any - but don't limit the options to weekends alone. Another idea might be a baseball night, Main Street Jazz, Downtown Alive, or any other family-friendly event, where we would have a good chance to attract new members to our online discussions. (@UrbanPlanet.org)

I moved the posts from the other meet up thread to this one. Having two was becoming confusing. -Spartan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I have already posted this in the official thread, I will simply link to it from here. I thought maybe nobody realized there was an update to that thread, since it doesn't show any icon change until someone votes in the poll. :thumbsup:

I have no qualms about doing this on a weekday night, and plus my friend from MA is going to be here, so any help pitching Greenville would be greatly appreciated. ;) If it is going to be a weeknight, I'd aim for either Mellow Mushroom, or Wild Wings, as they all have menu items that can accomodating to those of us with dietary requirements, (ie: vegitarian, diabetic, etc)

• 2 weeks later...

As an attendee at the first meetup, I promised to do my best to hype the next one. I'm looking forward to a lot of the regular posters and drawing the lurkers out of the woodwork. Yes, I was a lurker until the promise of a meetup forced me to get my act together, create an account, and start posting.

I'd like to mention that Mellow Mushroom has $2 pints on Tuesdays, which might entice some votes from the thrifty Urban Planeteers out there.

June is fast approaching, and if this is going to happen, we need to start working on it. As for availability, I am going to be out of town in Boston, MA for a job interview on Friday, June 2, and getting back to Greenville on the 4th. As Lebensk

Archived