Eureka Springs

Mith242

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to be here. EurekaHousedotcom and I go way back. Raycliff Manor owners, Lee and Kelly, are very good friends of mine. We all hope to keep a better line of communication open so you can know what all is going on in Eureka Springs.

Much of what goes on in Eureka Springs can be found on the Eurekasprings.org site on the calendar but much more information about our entertainers can be found on our site including sound clips.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Good to be here. EurekaHousedotcom and I go way back. Raycliff Manor owners, Lee and Kelly, are very good friends of mine. We all hope to keep a better line of communication open so you can know what all is going on in Eureka Springs.

Much of what goes on in Eureka Springs can be found on the Eurekasprings.org site on the calendar but much more information about our entertainers can be found on our site including sound clips.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cool, I'm sure many of us would like to hear more about what's going on with our neighbor to the east. Maybe we can also help draw more attention to Eureka as well. For some of our lazier forumers, here's a direct link to the website. :D

http://eurekasprings.org/

Hey Steve,

Glad to see you here! Lots of great info on this thread and all of the forum for NW AR...

Heck, with all this rain, maybe we can do a new attraction in Eureka this weekend...a water flume down Planer Hill?

Just kidding, love the rain, it's made Eureka even more beautiful than before!

I have a question to the Eureka Springs Forumers.

Have any of you actually experienced paranormal activity at the Cresent Hotel? I've often wondered if people living in Eureka Springs actually checked out the Cresent Hotel.

I had an odd experiance, my wallet kept getting lighter and lighter.

Sorry lame joke. :lol:

I have a question to the Eureka Springs Forumers.

Have any of you actually experienced paranormal activity at the Cresent Hotel? I've often wondered if people living in Eureka Springs actually checked out the Cresent Hotel.

Actually ...YES...

I've been on the ghost tours and yes, there are some things in the Crescent that can't be explained away...

and I've witnessed this even before the current owners starting do the tours...

And here's a short notice event ...

Wednesday, May 10th

THE Aud

7 PM

Cindy Sheehan

Admission by donation to Veterans For Peace

Sorry, no reserved seating

Actually ...YES...

I've been on the ghost tours and yes, there are some things in the Crescent that can't be explained away...

and I've witnessed this even before the current owners starting do the tours...

And here's a short notice event ...

Wednesday, May 10th

THE Aud

7 PM

Cindy Sheehan

Admission by donation to Veterans For Peace

Sorry, no reserved seating

I think a lot of us have heard stories about the Crescent. I'm curious if any of these events ever happen during the daytime. I haven't spent large amounts of time there but I can't say I've ever experianced anything odd personally.

Thanks for the info. :D

Yes, it was daytime when very strange stuff was going on...

The spirits do not seem to go by any clock :)

Interesting, Maybe I'll have to spend more time in there next time I'm over. Has there ever been any events on the grounds or just inside the hotel itself?

When my wife and I moved to Eureka Springs we wanted to try out the touristy things of Eureka. One of the things we did was to go to the Crescent Hotel and go on the Ghost Tour.

We got there early and took the carriage ride. It was a beautiful fall evening perfect for the carraige ride but we still had half an hour before the tour. We decided to have a drink in Doc Bakers Lounge on the top floor of the hotel. We found an open table next to one of the turrets on the patio where we could watch the sun going down. As we had our drinks we heard a restling coming out of the torrets and all of a sudden bats were sliding out from between some flashing around the torrets. They would slide out and take off like from an aircraft carrier and fly into the sunset down to the city.

It was a perfect setup for the Ghost Tour. We noticed some very unusual things while on the tour but saw no apparitions.

On a return visit with some friends I was standing listening to the guide and I noticed a coolness sweeping over the left side of my body. Thinking I was in a draft of an airconditioning vent I looked around. There are no vents nor fans in the hallways. The guide later told me the entities like the energy of live people and will sometimes mess with them like that. He said don't worry it was not actually draiing just felt kind of funny.

We have had guests that took pictures and got blurrs on their pictures but nothing discernable.

We enjoyed the tour and will more than likely take others there because it is fun.

I'll be glad to share what ever information you might like to know.

When my wife and I moved to Eureka Springs we wanted to try out the touristy things of Eureka. One of the things we did was to go to the Crescent Hotel and go on the Ghost Tour.

We got there early and took the carriage ride. It was a beautiful fall evening perfect for the carraige ride but we still had half an hour before the tour. We decided to have a drink in Doc Bakers Lounge on the top floor of the hotel. We found an open table next to one of the turrets on the patio where we could watch the sun going down. As we had our drinks we heard a restling coming out of the torrets and all of a sudden bats were sliding out from between some flashing around the torrets. They would slide out and take off like from an aircraft carrier and fly into the sunset down to the city.

It was a perfect setup for the Ghost Tour. We noticed some very unusual things while on the tour but saw no apparitions.

On a return visit with some friends I was standing listening to the guide and I noticed a coolness sweeping over the left side of my body. Thinking I was in a draft of an airconditioning vent I looked around. There are no vents nor fans in the hallways. The guide later told me the entities like the energy of live people and will sometimes mess with them like that. He said don't worry it was not actually draiing just felt kind of funny.

We have had guests that took pictures and got blurrs on their pictures but nothing discernable.

We enjoyed the tour and will more than likely take others there because it is fun.

I'll be glad to share what ever information you might like to know.

Steve

www.PaperMoonAttractions.com

Interesting. I will admit I got some blurry photos but it had more to do with the fact I didn't drag my tripod along and I hate to using the flash.

To keep you up to date on the lastest, Saffire the Uppity Blues Women, a group of baudy blues singers will be playing at the Auditorium on Saturday night. They are the female version of Clarence Carter who made the song "Strokin" so popular.

Then on Monday night all you Celtic Rock and Rhoots lovers the internationally acclaimed Glengarry Bhoys will take Eureka Springs by storm.

These are do not miss concerts. You will not see these two bands anywhere else in NWA perhaps ever, unless they come back here again.

Check it out.

To keep you up to date on the lastest, Saffire the Uppity Blues Women, a group of baudy blues singers will be playing at the Auditorium on Saturday night. They are the female version of Clarence Carter who made the song "Strokin" so popular.

Then on Monday night all you Celtic Rock and Rhoots lovers the internationally acclaimed Glengarry Bhoys will take Eureka Springs by storm.

These are do not miss concerts. You will not see these two bands anywhere else in NWA perhaps ever, unless they come back here again.

Check it out.

Yeah I certainly do have to say I've seen Eureka pull in acts that never come to the NWA metro. Little Rock is probably the only other place that would be able to pull them in to Arkansas.

It might not be real soon but I was thinking of going back to Eureka sometime to take more pics. I was curious if anyone had any suggestions. Did I miss any good spots? I've also been considering sticking around during the evening and trying to take and night shots there.

As advertised by Zeek Taylor - one of the organizers and artists of White St:

The sixteenth annual White Street Studio Walk will take place Friday, May 19th, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Historic White Street is the working address of several local artists who will welcome the public into homes and studios to view their latest works. They will be joined by more than fifty guest artists, most from the Eureka Springs area, who will show weaving, watercolors, jewelry, oils, pottery, stained glass and much more.

One feature of the walk is experiencing a

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to see this but a coworker was telling me about this. Apparently the Crescent Hotel was mentioned on a show earlier this week. I'm not familiar with this show but I guess they go out and try to prove or disprove ghosts and hauntings and such. I guess they had a countdown of the places that they felt were most interesting and the Crescent Hotel was ranked second out of all the places they had been around the country.

I didn't get to see this but a coworker was telling me about this. Apparently the Crescent Hotel was mentioned on a show earlier this week. I'm not familiar with this show but I guess they go out and try to prove or disprove ghosts and hauntings and such. I guess they had a countdown of the places that they felt were most interesting and the Crescent Hotel was ranked second out of all the places they had been around the country.

A Google search does pull up a seemingly endless supply of links about the Crescent Hotel. Did you happen to catch which haunt was number 1 in the country?

A Google search does pull up a seemingly endless supply of links about the Crescent Hotel. Did you happen to catch which haunt was number 1 in the country?

No, my coworker never mentioned it. I could ask if you like.

Archived