Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Festival 2006

60 posts in this topic

Festival 2006 is only a month away (if you can believe it's almost June). Do you invite family and friends to come to GR to show off the city?

Here is this year's poster for Festival 2006, designed by Mic Carlson:

139293283_bcd2d2923b.jpg

Festival 2006 is only a month away (if you can believe it's almost June). Do you invite family and friends to come to GR to show off the city?

I'll be promoting it heavily, as I'm on the City-County Stage Saturday night. (Adult involvement, contra dancing.)

Keep it a secret!

I'll be promoting it heavily, as I'm on the City-County Stage Saturday night. (Adult involvement, contra dancing.)

Keep it a secret!

contra dancing? whats that?

woops im not keeping it a secret am I?

I've been wondering the same thing. :huh: This year's poster is pretty cool. You can make out Plaza Towers, I think either the Rood Building or Ledyard, the Amway Grand, Riverfront Plaza Bldg and a number of others.

so its like community square dancing then, sounds neat, and a good way to get to know people.

so its like community square dancing then, sounds neat, and a good way to get to know people.

Starts Friday. The Otterness sculptures are also up and fully exhibited now.

Starts Friday. The Otterness sculptures are also up and fully exhibited now.

Is anyone planning on attending this weekend? I have a couple friends that are coming to town and we are going to spend Saturday downtown looking at everything.

I'll be down there for sure, can't miss the food :)

Maybe I'll check out the contra dancing on Saturday, I feel like I have to see if for myself now.

Is anyone planning on attending this weekend? I have a couple friends that are coming to town and we are going to spend Saturday downtown looking at everything.

Me, me, me! (Need to reconnoiter the sound system for Adult Involvement; last year it needed supplementing.)

Tell yer friends there's a free bike parking corral at Lyon & Ottawa. Park & ride.

I'll definitely be down there...should be a great time!

I hate working Saturdays. I gotta get out of retail/food. =[

I MIGHT be able to catch the last hour of it on Sunday. Might be able to Saturday morning.. depends on when I wake up. (Gotta love extended summer hours keeping me working late into the night)

Is anyone planning on attending this weekend?

I'll be down there, I have to work a Friday and Saturday shift! Always fun to sit in the sun and smell the food!

I'll be down there, I have to work a Friday and Saturday shift! Always fun to sit in the sun and smell the food!

I think you mean eat the food....

I will be down at Festival on Friday night, La Famiglia is playing!

i will most likely be there all weekend. my dad is in the church choir and will be at rosa parks circle sunday.

I'll be there for a while Saturday afternoon and evening

I'll be there....does anyone know if Bistro Bella Vita is going to have a beer tent again?

I'll be there....does anyone know if Bistro Bella Vita is going to have a beer tent again?

Local First's Street Party does not coincide with Festival this year. It is June 24th.

Linky

I hate working Saturdays. I gotta get out of retail/food. =[

I MIGHT be able to catch the last hour of it on Sunday. Might be able to Saturday morning.. depends on when I wake up. (Gotta love extended summer hours keeping me working late into the night)

what restaurant do you work at??

I'll be there... I'll be snapping pictures mostly.

I'll be there - but where's the Dutch or German food??? According to the Press, Georgetown Utd. Meth. church is serving "Dutch" food -- Ice cream & waffle cones. . . what?!? Makes me miss both Tulip Time fare & the Schnitz. However, I'm sure I'll find plenty of good eats anyway.

what restaurant do you work at??

Little Caesar's

home of the "pizza which customers have called over 100 different names for it despite the name being so simple"

Little Caesar's

home of the "pizza which customers have called over 100 different names for it despite the name being so simple"

Little Sleazers . . . . :rofl:

sorry, getting a little :offtopic: