Festival 2006

GRDadof3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark skies around 3 PM. It cleared up very nicely this evening though.

edit: photo reposting bad

It should be great weather tomorrow. Come down!

(And be sure to visit dbrok; he has his own booth :D )

Josh has his own booth?! Get out!!

Does he have Souvlaki?

My wife and I saw Tailshaker, a great local blues band at Festival last night. They were fantastic.

http://www.tailshaker.com/index.php

It rained for a little while but then turned out to be a great evening. River City Improv was very good too.

Check out the size of the strawberry sundae at food booth #12. For $3 you get enough to feed the whole family.

Check out the size of the strawberry sundae at food booth #12. For $3 you get enough to feed the whole family.

Exactly what we did!

Very pleasant evening last night once the deluge moved on.

We arrived at 5:30 and before we knew it, it was 9pm and the kids were dragging.

Great festival souvenirs available, as well....including those beautiful posters and the poster design on T-Shirts.

My wife and I saw Tailshaker, a great local blues band at Festival last night. They were fantastic.

http://www.tailshaker.com/index.php

It rained for a little while but then turned out to be a great evening. River City Improv was very good too.

I stumbled across the River Rogues (Dixieland jazz) at the City stage. What great tunes. Tuba player deserves a raise; he played throughout e-v-e-r-y tune. And they needed a dance floor!

[partial to low brass]

What a shame. I should be downtown calling my contra dance. Instead, I'm on my front porch enjoying a hand-out from Olive Express (if you arrive at closing...).

The organizers called it due to weather warnings, about 7 pm. Of course the storm had blown over by 7:15. About 200 people wandering around Calder Plaza, including a guitarist who had signed up for open mic. I suggested he choose any of the stages and get going. Somehow word did not get out, and I spoke with people who'd driven from Grand Haven!

gig2.jpg

Taken under a lovely clear sky about 8:15, set-up time. (The trailer contains about 50 lbs of supplemental PA and porch lights.)

fest2.jpg

rpc.jpg

Open stage!

Archived