Titans Draft

Hankster

I thought I ask forumers how they thought the Titans fared in the recently completed NFL draft. Personally, I really happy. I was hoping that they'd go for Vince Young on their first pick. He has a tremendous upside, and I think he could be even more exciting than Michael Vick. Young has the capability to add a lot of excitement to Titans football. I was really surprised they were able to get Lendale White. He's a quick, yet bruising runner with a nose for the endzone. Also he doesn't fumble often, a definite plus. The Titans also got good help on the defensive side of the ball with their later picks. All and all, I think this draft will signal the turning of the corner and the start of their return back to winning ways.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know a lot about Football aside from the basics, but it seems that the Titans drafted what they needed, a QB to replace McNair. I have heard the lots of Titan supporters say they wished the Titans could keep McNair for 2-3 more years so Young could learn from him, but that McNair is just to unaffordable in the scheme of things for the Titans to keep.

i went nuts on draft day. me and my roomate were yelling when they picked vince young. it was great. then when lendale white was still on the board and we picked him up in the second round??? well i was in heaven. sure beats our big time mess up picking pac man jones last year.

i went nuts on draft day. me and my roomate were yelling when they picked vince young. it was great. then when lendale white was still on the board and we picked him up in the second round??? well i was in heaven. sure beats our big time mess up picking pac man jones last year.

I don't think there's any question, we did much, much better with this years draft than last. Still, I'm hoping PacMan will GROW UP! He's got a world of talent. I think he could develop into the best NFL punt returner since Dante Hall.

I don't think there's any question, we did much, much better with this years draft than last. Still, I'm hoping PacMan will GROW UP! He's got a world of talent. I think he could develop into the best NFL punt returner since Dante Hall.

definatly. pacman has all the talent in the world to be a pro-bowl player year end and year out. he just lacks discipline. a lot of discipline. haha.

I agree we did well in the draft Vince Young is going to be very exciting to watch in the coming years. I also agree with the old-timer fans who wish to hold onto McNair. Despite the valuable education McNair could give to Young, don't forget that it would be nice to see an A-class quarterback for the next season or to. Although, I have all faith in Volek and his abilities, he won't be very exciting to watch next year.

Keep in mind that the overall plan here is to build a team from scratch. Don't expect a winning record next season, or any kind of instant results. That said, I think the Titans are on a great path. The draft picks we acquired were excellent (as well as free agent acquisitions!!![see-David Givens]), and it should prove a good core for the years ahead.

Archived