New development in Mordecai neighborhood

ChiefJoJo

That's not what they said. That's what I said, paraphrasing their numerous complaints. Again, perhaps your arguments would be well-served by actually reading their complaints and addressing each one in turn. I hesitate to restate their complaints here for fear of misstating them.

This much is clear. You've stated repeatedly that you think that CACs oppose all development, often to their own detriment. You've also stated that you don't know what the Mordecai CAC's arguments specifically are, but that you think they're just being disagreeable for the sake of disagreement. I'm only relating that I have heard many specific, well argued and thoughtfully-considered arguments from members of the CAC, both on this forum and elsewhere.

Their arguments fly in the face of your generalizations. If you spent less time being dismissive, perhaps you could come to understand their concerns and address them more constructively than you have to this point.

Ok this is my last post on this as you have taken what I have said and turned it upside down to fit your agenda. It is not worth my time to argue here or even to deal with you. Again, just my opinion, (I think we are still able to give our opinions on UP) it reminds me of what it is like it is to deal with some of the neighborhood groups.

What I said was, in my humble opinion, that when the large neighborhood groups get together to stop something (remember, the lead title of the post was about Nimbys), there appears to never be a solid opinion on what they want and that many people are in it for their own political gain. Again, that is just my opinion.

You read way too much into what I was saying and accuse me of not understanding the Mordicai arguments when yes, I was making overall statements about neighborhood groups. To be honest, I could care less about what happens there even though my family own property near by.

I think that is the classic problem with many of the neighborhood groups and they are looking for a fight or argument that turns into an agenda. (Again, JMO) Say what you want to about me or what I post and turn it upside down, I could care less....and I mean "I could really care less."

And if you just want to argue with people, I am sure the York guys, people on this board, the guy down the street, the tree in your back yard will offer a good fight. You will probably get a better response from them than you will out of me. I am done here !!! Got a real life to live !!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived