Smoking Ban?

byrde

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stricter smoking ban moves forward

What are you thoughts on the legislation that would ban smoking in restaurants statewide?

In Shreveport we have a ban on smoking in restaurants that don't serve alcohol. I have really enjoyed going into these little diners, which used to be smoky places, and not having to worry about it. I'm all for a statewide ban.

I have no problem with the ban. I hate cigarette smoke.

I second your thoughts entirely. I hate it as well. I grew up around it... my mother smoked until she was pregnant with me, but my dad smoked and so did my older brother. I never understood it myself, but I certainly can't stand it.

I triple the thoughts of the above posters. If you want to smoke, do it in your own home or somewhere far far away from the general public. Not everyone wants to turn their lungs into charcoal. I care too much about my health to smoke. Every time I get around cigarette smoke I start getting small headaches and my eyes burn.

N.O. residents want smoking ban

The following link basically echoes the sentiments of fellow Americans. A majority of New Orleanians want a smoking ban, I myself being one of them. I walk through the French Quarter regularly and frankly am sick to death of smelling cigarette smoke. Some sections of the Quarter allow smoking, especially the northern end of Bourbon St.

Arkansas just recently passed a statewide ban. Although Fayetteville has had a smoking ban for probably a year and a half to two years now. I think it's really just a matter of time. It seems to be a growing trend.

I'm all for this ban. Both of my parents smoked up until I was born, and I did do it occasionaly in high school, but never since. There's not a single positive thing about smoking, and not having to deal with other people's smoke in any public place is 100% supported by me.

• 2 months later...

Archived