Blurry Grand Rapids Photo of the Day

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blurry part is the only clue in this photo. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you all guessed the location of this right away.

144373588_279a911ac5_b.jpg

Is it the powerline that runs right about at the 3rd floor of the parking ramp overlooking the Cancer Center construction site?

You can see the powerline in this shot:

130790828_01dae8f1ab.jpg

There's only one place in town with that much neon.

There's something about lots of pink and purple neon that screams "family entertainment" ;)

No easy neon signs like yesterday. New blurry photo on the blog. Same rules as before. This one has a high degree of difficulty. 123 points to the winner.

No easy neon signs like yesterday. New blurry photo on the blog. Same rules as before. This one has a high degree of difficulty. 123 points to the winner.

Wow that looks like something you couldn't identify unless you'd been there. I'm guessing it's on the NW side?

no... it's just off Stocking on... that's enough of a hint :)

If I still lived over there i'd look for it, but I don't. There's a whole lot of buildings that that could be, from the Holiday Bar on 5th, to the back of the Kopper Top on 4th, to the building w/ the tattoo place in it, or maybe the dog pit.. i'm out of ideas.

If I still lived over there i'd look for it, but I don't. There's a whole lot of buildings that that could be, from the Holiday Bar on 5th, to the back of the Kopper Top on 4th, to the building w/ the tattoo place in it, or maybe the dog pit.. i'm out of ideas.

ohhh! ohhh! you are so close! wait... dog pit? i think you actually got it. it's the "Dog Town" building across the street from the Kopper Top on 4th. i think you descibed the neighborhood well enough to get the points. rock on!

:thumbsup:

Whatever it is, that building sure is a piece of work. It looks like some kind of addition was taken off of it, and the back entry sealed up tight. New windows though (cheapy vinyls it looks like). I thought it was that old two story commercial building just South of Leonard on Broadway (mixed in with residential) , but maybe not. It's got to be a bar.

OK, using DaVinci Code methods:

It appears the sun is setting in the background (no way jayblogger would be doing this at daybreak 6 AM).

If that is the sun setting, then the front of this building faces West

I seriously thought "West side" when I saw it. Maybe the houses in the background? Weird..

Edit: never mind.

ohhh! ohhh! you are so close! wait... dog pit? i think you actually got it. it's the "Dog Town" building across the street from the Kopper Top on 4th. i think you descibed the neighborhood well enough to get the points. rock on!

:thumbsup:

Yes i meant dog town. I'll take my points with the knowledge that it was a bit of a stab in the dark.. but take them nonetheless. :P

GRDad: As soon as I saw it I thought Westside too... I think its the combination of the house style and that building being so close..

Yes i meant dog town. I'll take my points with the knowledge that it was a bit of a stab in the dark.. but take them nonetheless. :P

GRDad: As soon as I saw it I thought Westside too... I think its the combination of the house style and that building being so close..

I still don't know where Dog Town is, and I can't find a listing. What street?

The last jay blogger blurry grand rapids picture for this week is on the blog. This one should be pretty easy. 25 bonus points go to the first person who can identify the building and post the answer on the blog.

The first guess on the blog was the new downtown Mark London strip club extravaganza... sorry, no. Do you see any neon in this picture??? :D Who's next?

blurry_factory.jpg

The first guess on the blog was the new downtown Mark London strip club extravaganza... sorry, no. Do you see any neon in this picture??? :D Who's next?

I'm going to guess it's a factory of some kind: blurry_factory.jpg. :thumbsup:

Archived