143-room hotel first in the Strip District

mjcatl2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my little quip wasn't so much about Demos or Nielsen's, but more along the lines of Somerset being included post 9/11 within the "News from your town", "Your hometown advantage' and the selective County-Metro weather forecast graphics from those particular stations. Even the PPG has stepped up it's coverage of the County. It certainly wasn't quite that way before the tragedy - trust me.

Anyhoo, I digress...

This new hotel (in addition to the others being planned & constructed within city proper) will certainly help make the city a player attracting the conventions it feels it's currently losing out on due to lack of room #'s. Hey, to win the game you have to be in the game, right?

excellent points DTJ and Mj.

Did anyone happen to catch the CNBC story on the founder and CEO of Clear Channel must have been a few weeks ago, it was that weekend show with the redhead as host, can't place the name. He was looking over San Antonio and pointing to all the buildings he facilitated being built with his dealership, sports franchieses and radio $$ over the last 30 years. One was supposedly the largest hotel in the country with the SA convention center inside of it, turns out they even re-routed the river around it as an added attraction. Little sketchy on the details but I wonder if we could get a RKM/David Lawrence type like the Clear Channel guy here how big things could get rolling. He said it took years to lure a hotel company there and I believe he boasted how not one penny of taxpayer money was used on the hotel.

Archived