Signature: Really Feasible?

bnaflyer

This is most definitely interesting. At one time Tony said there would be no Signature Tower without TIF. I'm very glad to see he apparently doesn't need it. I hope this means that demand is higher than expected. The article asserts that it somehow gets Tony out from under the stamp of approval of MDHA. Is that accurate? Don't they still have to OK the design. I sure hope not. I love this being 100% private money. Go Tony!

I'm wondering the same thing about the MDHA approval. If the lot is zoned in an area with no height restrictions and there's no public funding there shouldn't be a problem unless units don't sell.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering the same thing about the MDHA approval. If the lot is zoned in an area with no height restrictions and there's no public funding there shouldn't be a problem unless units don't sell.

What you say should be true. However, on the negative side, it also means that he can delay the start of the project beyond January, 2007 without fear of losing TIF money as was the case before.

What you say should be true. However, on the negative side, it also means that he can delay the start of the project beyond January, 2007 without fear of losing TIF money as was the case before.

You could be right. It's hard to tell exactly what this means. Hey William, we need help!

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade--I'm as excited about the possibility of Signature as anyone (and love the design!)

However....

1. Wouldn't this be the tallest residential structure in the United States? Does it seem odd that a city the size of Nashville could support a residential building taller than those in NY, LA, SFO, etc?

Thoughts?

I don't think so. Adding a 10 story hotel to the base makes it a mixed use structure. That would throw it into the category with Trump Tower Chicago (residential and hotel) which is something like 1131' to the roof and 1362' to the tip of the spire. The John Hancock in Chicago is also taller (1127') and is a mixed use structure (residential and commercial).

So MDHA has continued support of this project? If they do there is nothing that can stop this tower from being built now!!!! :D

Tony G will have no problem selling the condos.

I think they will sell fairly fast given the view and uniqueness of the location. The ones on top will be sitting well over 800 feet above the street with no other building to obscure their views. You can't put price on that. :thumbsup: To my knowledge, no other city in the U.S. can offer that as most other cities have comparable buildings at least paritally obscuring the view.

Atlanta may be able to do that to some degree in some of the condo towers down here given how spread out the skyline is but certainly not to that height.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is what I wrote yesterday afternoon. http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2006/5/1...nancing_package

Thanks so much Richard for posting your article. I think that it very significant that you have reported more than 940 reservations already in for only 400 units, and the fact that people from all over the country are expressing interest in buying. The fact that they will start selling on Saturday in nothing short of amazing. He may be able the sell all the units in a month or so, IMO. The way things are going, Tony will secure financing for this project before you know it. I wonder if Tony may decide to break ground before the end of THIS year?

Thanks so much Richard for posting your article. I think that it very significant that you have reported more than 940 reservations already in for only 400 units, and the fact that people from all over the country are expressing interest in buying. The fact that they will start selling on Saturday in nothing short of amazing. He may be able the sell all the units in a month or so, IMO. The way things are going, Tony will secure financing for this project before you know it. I wonder if Tony may decide to break ground before the end of THIS year?

I think it's 940 registrations, not reservations. I'm one of those registrations, but have no real intention of buying a unit.

I think it's 940 registrations, not reservations. I'm one of those registrations, but have no real intention of buying a unit.

I'm sure there any many who had put there name on the list who, like yourself, have no intention of buying a unit. However, I'm sure he has numerous serious buyers as well. There are people on the list from something like 10 states. Why on earth would these people "register" if they had no intention of buying? It won't be long before we know what the actual demand for buying units at Signature Tower is. Sales start tomorrow. I'm predicting they're going to sell fast.

I'm sure there any many who had put there name on the list who, like yourself, have no intention of buying a unit. However, I'm sure he has numerous serious buyers as well. There are people on the list from something like 10 states. Why on earth would these people "register" if they had no intention of buying? It won't be long before we know what the actual demand for buying units at Signature Tower is. Sales start tomorrow. I'm predicting they're going to sell fast.

I actually agree with you that they will sell pretty quickly and I agree that many of those registered are likely serious buyers, I just thought it was important to note the distinction between a reservation and a registration. I've registered with nearly every new development in town simply so I can drool over the glossy pictures in the mailings...

I think once the Signature is built , then the market on high end condos may be filled. Tony sees a market segment and then he goes after it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a good sized apartment building announcement in the Gulch before too long. That market is yet to be realized downtown.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a good sized apartment building announcement in the Gulch before too long. That market is yet to be realized downtown.

Ive been thinking along the same lines. We all know that the demand for decent priced apartments are there, as do the developers. Its only a matter of time.

From the mouths of two or more, a thing is established... :rolleyes: The NBJ has confirmed Richard's coverage that Signature has the MDHA nod:

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

New website went live late today. We will add more over the next few weeks including an exterior video.

Enjoy!

www.signaturetowernashville.com

76 reserved units as of this morning. You can now see online what is available and what has been reserved.

I know they have a lot of appointments today.

We will post updates to the project website as soon as we get them from Tony.

Go Signature.

Archived