Stamford gets blown up!

Marvel Comics just released "Civil War", a seven part limited series today. Right off the bat, first frame, we are in the production studio of WTNH Channel 8, and Stamford immediately gets blown up by a super-villian named Nitro. God I love comics, especially when they are set in CT....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marvel Comics just released "Civil War", a seven part limited series today. Right off the bat, first frame, we are in the production studio of WTNH Channel 8, and Stamford immediately gets blown up by a super-villian named Nitro. God I love comics, especially when they are set in CT....

Oh man. A comics fan? I love comics used to draw my own all through high school. What series is this, meaning what family of Marvel Characters is this about? I've been out of the loop for years now.

It's all of them. Basically, here's the story line: The New Warriors (a teen group of super heroes) have a reality show where they fight people. They are tracking some villains that escaped from Rykers Island, and track them into Stamford. Nitro (his power is to blow up and reconstitute himself) blows the hell out of the city, and the Government enacts a bill making it the law for all super heroes to register and be accountable. This basically splits the heroes down the middle: those that agree, those that don't (and they become rogues). The split isn't a nice split, it splits up teams, friends, etc. So there you have it, I've been collecting for a long time, and I've been really looking forward to this series, and it all starts in Stamford...

It's all of them. Basically, here's the story line: The New Warriors (a teen group of super heroes) have a reality show where they fight people. They are tracking some villains that escaped from Rykers Island, and track them into Stamford. Nitro (his power is to blow up and reconstitute himself) blows the hell out of the city, and the Government enacts a bill making it the law for all super heroes to register and be accountable. This basically splits the heroes down the middle: those that agree, those that don't (and they become rogues). The split isn't a nice split, it splits up teams, friends, etc. So there you have it, I've been collecting for a long time, and I've been really looking forward to this series, and it all starts in Stamford...

I think I need to go pick that up. The New Warriors. I almost forgot about them. Is NightThrasher still around? Is he still the leader.

Archived