Market St., Greensboro

Rwarky

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post your favorite restaraunt(s), establishments, news, photos, or etc. of Market Street in Greensboro.

One of my favorite places on Market Street in Greensboro is closing. I just got an email announcment today from Memories in the Making-Greensboro's best Scrapbooking store. It is a shame.

http://www.croppin.com/index.htm

From their newsletter today...

Many of you may not be aware that there has been a frightening trend of local scrapbooking stores going out of business over the last year. While the large super-craft stores and internet sites can usually offer a cheaper price, you are paying for that purchase in other ways like the lack of customer service and personal interaction......Because of all that we have shared over these past nine years, it is with much regret that we have made the difficult decision to close our doors. Competition from sources beyond our control has made it no longer feasible to continue to operate.

One of my favorite places on Market Street in Greensboro is closing. I just got an email announcment today from Memories in the Making-Greensboro's best Scrapbooking store. It is a shame.

There is another scrapbook store in greensboro. 2806 randleman rd. in Greensboro cute store lots of different items. you should check it out

Yeah, I've seen that one listed on the bo bunny site. I dont get down that way often, so have just forgotten it's there. I know there is also one on Battleground....but this one on Market was my favorite in Greensboro. If I had to choose one overall though-I'd choose the one in Lewisville-Enchanted Cottage.

Either way-it is sad to see a good business like this one on Market close.

I really like the stretch between Aycock St and Walker Ave, with its mature trees and beautiful old homes. This was before my time, but I know some folks that would have said the old "Boar & Castle" was their favorate spot on Market. It was located near the United St intersection, where the office building is now. I've heard it was a very popular drive-in restaurant in the 50's and 60's.

Market Street is good composite of Greensboro as a city. There's a lot of both pretty and ugly things, as well as loacl and national businesses, and it takes you from downtown all the way to the airport area.

My favorite part of Market Street is the residential area near downtown. Love the old houses.

Archived