Trump Atlanta Towers

AphroHippi

I know gold looks kinda tacky, but I think it would be cool to have a district in Atlanta where all the big flashy buildings are? Gold, glimmering, lit up! It would be like the party district!

I thought that was Buckhead.........or maybe Underground! ;)

A gold building would look kind of tacky in Atlanta. Let's hope it's only a rendering.

However, it probably wouldn't be the worst thing they could send us.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was Buckhead.........or maybe Underground! ;)

A gold building would look kind of tacky in Atlanta. Let's hope it's only a rendering.

However, it probably wouldn't be the worst thing they could send us.

Yep. And if we get on Trump's case too much, he might just pick up and go to Charlotte or Nashville or some place that's a little more grateful.

Can someone please show me where everyone is getting the notion that the buildings will be clad in gold? If they look at the other building in the rendering, it also is golden. Hence a sunrise or sunset view. What, do they think that Trump is going to pray neighboring buildings so they can fit in with his development?

So will these towers be closer to the heart of midtown, or will they be positioned so as to possibly look like infill between downtown and midtown?

Not sure what you mean by "the heart of midtown" but 14th street is the corridor with the most highrises in Midtown. These will be at 15th street just north of Atlantic Center.

If it helps, these buildings will be located directly to the north of most of Midtown's high-rises, meaning it will not help the infill between the two locations, rather it should extend Midtown's skyline northward slightly towards Buckhead (although still a VERY long way away). These will be directly across the interstate from Atlantic Station.

Archived