Ritz Carlton Residences

Since this morning a new banner has been put up along the fence surrounding the big hole (former Saks site) on the corner of Glen Eagles & Park Rd. advertising the new Ritz Carlton Residences, coming soon. There is also a rendering of the building which appears to have a Spanish influence.

Finally!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's putting way too much confidence in Dee Dee. What better way to hide her disgrace from a bunch of rich people from all over the country attending the Wachovia PGA Tournament than the claim her hole is for Ritz Carlton Residences......

That's one shameful woman. :rolleyes:

And odd that there is nothing on the Ritz-Carlton website, nor anything on biz.yahoo.com or news.yahoo.com, about it; sounds like Dee Dee is just trying to show off.

And aren't Ritz-Carlton Residences usually connected to a Ritz-Carlton, since amentities are often hotel-style amenities such as room service?

Typically....though I think the Residences at Baltimore's Inner Harbor are just condos with no hotel. There has been rumor's that Double D was trying to get Ritz to commit their name to her project, but somehow the timing on this banner just seems a bit too perfect for her.

The letter below was posted yesterday on the Cameron Wood HOA website discussion forum.

http://cameronwood.com/forums/index.php

(Edited by Vanessia Barnett for clarification before posting on CameronWood Forums)

Open Discussion > Update on The Quail Village at Seven Eagles (4/18/06) ===========================================================================

Date: 2006-05-04 21:14:13

Reply: http://www.cameronwood.com/forums/reply.php?topic_id=701

From Dee-Dee Harris - April 18, 2006

Update on The Quail Village at Seven Eagles: A Neighborhood Lifestyle Hub.

Visit the website for current information: http://www.harrisland.com/overview.html

It has been your faith in believing that we at Harris Land are driven by what is right that has kept me focused day in and day out and has enabled me to endure the odds against us...if it doesn't happen it will not be because I have not tried with all my heart...and if it does, the credit goes to our Maker, first, my family and colleagues next...but, in a very special way to a group of trusting "strangers turned friends

First of all, would anyone really use the interior design services of a company named "Deesigns"?! Secondly, knowing what we do of her and the way her company operated, why would we put stock in this? I find it hard to believe that Ritz-Carlton would seriously consider this at all. From a location standpoint, it makes no sense. What does the corner of Park and Gleneagles have going for it? No direct access to the golf course (Seven Eagles is in the way), no view (except of a Harris Teeter and Salsaritas), and an entire community (both business and resident) who have no respect for her company or anything it says.

YOU and I KNOW that a person cannot concoct and execute these "dreams" without being led and told what to do...and without some miracles dropping in from time to time...so guys, hang in there for the ride one more time as I have no idea where we will end up...I just know we were meant to work together on this...and if you get disillusioned, I will not blame you.

She's as skeptical as the rest of us.

Ok, another amazing coincidence with the media. Channel 18 did a news story on this project last night and questioned how legitimate it was as well. In fact, it sounds like it was taken from this thread. The even found someone on the street who started to call it Dee Dee's Hole, but he paused and referred to it as Harris's Hole. (Was this one of you? :lol: )

Coincidence? Haha

I bet I am the only person in the world who spent two years shopping exclusively at Saks in order to get my foot in the door, another two years in airplanes securing a signed lease with Saks, and securing 10 LOI's with rent paying tenants that would procure the financing, had a 9/11 occurrence that put these tenants on hold for a year rather than closing , decided to try the West Coast based tenants while NY was under construction, secured more LOI's ,paid for the lawyers, construction documents, geo-tech, architectural and landscape plans, etc....broke ground , and watched it all crumble as I literally dug myself into a hole...Disappointing you and me.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ok, another amazing coincidence with the media. Channel 18 did a news story on this project last night and questioned how legitimate it was as well. In fact, it sounds like it was taken from this thread. The even found someone on the street who started to call it Dee Dee's Hole, but he paused and referred to it as Harris's Hole. (Was this one of you? :lol: )

Coincidence? Haha

I think not..

This just in...I had a friend at Marriott corporate check on this for me. They are clueless. No one that he spoke to at the company's Chevy Chase headquarters knows anything about it. He's going to dig further and let me know.

And yet again, no surprise there.

wcnc.com just released this story about the property:

here is a snippet from the article.

--------------------

Some are skeptical, but the Ritz confirmed it signed the contract this week.

6NEWS called Dee Dee Harris at the Harris Land Company about the signs, her assistant said Harris had nothing to say and that all the information is in the sign.

Because Harris is not talking, nobody knows when she hopes to start building up and out of the hole. But the city's planning department told 6NEWS she has not applied for the necessary permits yet. That process alone takes four to eight months.

wcnc.com just released this story about the property:

here is a snippet from the article.

--------------------

Some are skeptical, but the Ritz confirmed it signed the contract this week.

6NEWS called Dee Dee Harris at the Harris Land Company about the signs, her assistant said Harris had nothing to say and that all the information is in the sign.

Because Harris is not talking, nobody knows when she hopes to start building up and out of the hole. But the city's planning department told 6NEWS she has not applied for the necessary permits yet. That process alone takes four to eight months.

I was just getting ready to post that. For anyone who's interested, here's the link: "Harris hole" has a tenant...almost

Archived