Ritz Carlton Residences

Well, I don't understand this at all, but if she can fill her hole, hats off to DeeDee. My friend at Marriott said the only thing he could figure is that Ritz Carlton will allow its name to be franchised for certain projects, but that they don't actually operate them. The developer just has to abide by certain rules and such. I guess that's what this is.

I still say its a stupid site for such a project. We'll see how sales progress.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a stupid site as well. Why would RC want to even attach their name to an unremarkable suburban location? The area really is not THAT upscale outside of the gated area of Quail Hollow which will not be near the condos if they ever materialize.

Given the area, they should just put a gas station on the property and be done with it. It's not like the Harris family has been very progressive with development in Charlotte as almost everything they have developed is nothing but automobile inspired sprawl. Give the poor traffic challenged people there an easy way to fill up their SUVs and land yachts. If they have to, sell some gas station sushi and wine to go with it.

Given the area, they should just put a gas station on the property and be done with it. It's not like the Harris family has been very progressive with development in Charlotte as almost everything they have developed is nothing but automobile inspired sprawl. Give the poor traffic challenged people there an easy way to fill up their SUVs and land yachts. If they have to, sell some gas station sushi and wine to go with it.

:lol: honestly, it's the plan that makes the most sense.

Would that be ethanol wine?

In her open letter, Dee Dee says if the project comes to fruition, the first credit should be given to "our Maker".

Does that mean god?

I guess god decides which condo projects in Charlotte will succeed and which ones won't?????? Oh Buddah!

In her open letter, Dee Dee says if the project comes to fruition, the first credit should be given to "our Maker".

Does that mean god?

I guess god decides which condo projects in Charlotte will succeed and which ones won't?????? Oh Buddah!

I suspect that she thanked God since it took a miracle to get her out of the mess she found herself in. I gues just being in a family that is lucky enough to have tons of money and tons of real estate doesn't mean anything you touch works.

Who will stay out there for any event in Charlotte other than the once a year golf tourney?

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally stumbled on this official news release while I was specifically searching for it. Looks like this is for real, if anyone needed any convincing:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/corporate/press...ail_hollow.html

The Observer had a big article about it this weekend also. Dee Dee now implies she left her hole out there for so long because they didn't want to do any project that wasn't top notch. I guess her money troubles and her time begging the city to chip in on this are to be forgotten like they never happened! At least there is some movement out there -- I am sure there are folks who will want to live in these places.

Yeah.

Here's the observer article http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/14626049.htm and the biz journal's article http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../22/story4.html

Dee Dee goes on to mention that Noble's Restaurant will be a part of the project.

Also included, Harris' own two stores, Garden Secrets and Deesign Unlimited.

• 4 weeks later...

The EPA should have gone after the Harris company for allowing this property to remain essentially a swampy hole for so long. The mosquito population must have exploded because of it, not to mention rats and mice. What a horrible thing for a city as nice as Charlotte to have to endure for so long~~

• 5 months later...

The site is still in beta version....it was just uploaded by the site designer a couple of days ago. I'm sure the final version will be more refined.

Now all Dee Dee has to do is sell these things. Is it just me, or do the floor plans look HUGE!

• 3 months later...

Spring is in the air... the trees are blooming, birds are singing... and so is Dee Dee. Just in time for this year's Wachovia Championship comes the announcement in next week's Biz Journal that the dormant Seven Eagles project is back and better than ever! In its latest form for 2007, this project now contains less retail, no underground parking, twice as many Ritz Residences and an actual Ritz-Carlton hotel. I can hardly wait to see what the 2008 version will look like. Only 12 more months to find out!

Great- Charlotte will be then one of a select few cities, such as New York City, that has 2 Ritz-Carltons.

Keep dreaming, Dee Dee (and don't steal my hard-earned wages for your subsidies, like you demanded tax dollars for your Saks).

If this were the Greenville forum, people would be jumping all over themselves with excitement about how an announcement by a developer with an iffy track record means that a Ritz is definitely coming and how that development would mean the city was thus the equal of New York because both would have 2 Ritz-Carltons. Glad people are taking Dee Dee with a grain of salt.

Archived