Ritz Carlton Residences

Despite my skepticism, the article does say that Ritz officials did confirm that they do plan to build the Residences and a hotel at Seven Eagles. It quotes Ritz VP, Walter Hall, as saying that the project is in the design review stage and is moving forward (for a 2009 opening). Take it for what its worth.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder what effect this will have on the Ritz-Carlton going uptown. There has been some talk, though maybe nonsense, about how sluggish the hotel and office project is moving, esp. since the Ritz website still states a 2008 opening.

I can't help but shake my head at people who buy seven-figure houses in areas that were basically floodplanes only a generation ago. The abundance of development in mosquito-ridden, flood-prone marsh areas is going to continue being an issue as long as there are unsuspecting transplants (and ignorant locals) willing to gobble them up.

78683-400-0.jpg

Maybe they should use the lake as an advantage. How neat would it be if they built multi-grade spanish styled town homes around it and called it el lago de deedee. The really could work with the lake, because honestly a redesign would cost less than pumping out the hole. Maybe have a boardwalk, with residences looking over retail, this project could be saved with lower costs too.

how does one add an attachment? I did a lil mock up site plan

461742500_09f7b30507.jpg

figured it out. Parking would be under the residences, and a small underground parking deck on the gleneagles road entrance side. Might be lil too myrtle beach esque but it could be successful.

I'm betting on some pretty new banners/signs or maybe a token bulldozer to be parked on the site in a couple weeks to make it look like something other than a hole in the ground during the fancy golf tournament coming up. If this happens I'll wander over from the po' side of Park Rd. and take some pics.

Definitely looking forward to some movement on this project though - would be nice to have a few more restaurants within walking distance, especially another Rooster's as rumor has it.

:wub: I like the idea of loch duhdee

But keeping with the mosquitos and the alligators, lets name it the bijou, and put things together with muliticolored sheets of random material. Thanx for all the complements on the site plan it was really just a 15 min mock up.

:wub: I like the idea of loch duhdee

But keeping with the mosquitos and the alligators, lets name it the bijou, and put things together with muliticolored sheets of random material. Thanx for all the complements on the site plan it was really just a 15 min mock up.

Nible you've got some talent if that only took you fifteen minutes. I really like the layout of your idea much better. I'm also hoping that they bury those power lines as part of this project as well. That picture you took is great, marred only by those stupid poles.

The new development is to be called "Quail Hollow Village" according to a news report today and will include a Wellness Center.

Also, I noticed the sites perimeter, outside the green fence awning, was being landscaped with rose bushes today just in time for the golf competition.

Archived