Bike GR map

BikeGRDonationForm1.jpg

Let me know if you'd like a display ad sponsorship spot. Copies are available at libraries and local bike shops. City Hall is pretty well cleaned out!

Also, if you know of updates or glaring errors, please advise.

Hoping to get it to press in June.

[The city knows when they have one on the hook. Last year I was conscripted to deliver the finished product, several weeks after the budget axe swung! This year they nailed me into lining up sponsors. Next year I'll be running the printing press.]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know if you'd like a display ad sponsorship spot. Copies are available at libraries and local bike shops. City Hall is pretty well cleaned out!

Also, if you know of updates or glaring errors, please advise.

Hoping to get it to press in June.

[The city knows when they have one on the hook. Last year I was conscripted to deliver the finished product, several weeks after the budget axe swung! This year they nailed me into lining up sponsors. Next year I'll be running the printing press.]

Can you scan a copy and post it?

Accept casheir checks/bank orders?

I would think so, although if you went to the window at 300 Monroe seems like they might take the green stuff and post it to the correct account. Too bad they aren't set up for PayPal!

• 3 months later...

It's off the press, and should be available at your favorite local bicycle shop (LBS) by the time you see this.

Chris spent a lot of time adding many more street names, so it's no longer necessary to unfold the section you're looking at to see whereintheheck you are. *Lots* of street/road names on the county side. We also added proposed trails; will be cool to see those dashed lines become solid in the future.

Every LBS in town helped sponsor it, so when you drop by to collect one, tell 'em thanks.

[can't wait 'til next year when I re-attempt my grant writing skills]

Click here for the digital version: http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=2665

Side 1 has all the bike shop ads, if you need an address or phone with which to find a physical location for a map pick-up. They have also been distributed to all GRPL and KSID libraries.

...and tonight I established a DT after-hours distribution center at Four Friends.

BTW, my bike club buddies claim that these are flying out the racks at the bike shops. Ada has run out, Village is down to just a few. Slow deciders may have to call Dave (he's one of the sponsors) who has a huge box to distribute but no storefront.

• 1 year later...

Insider info: Third printing was done in 2006, and late last year supplies ran low (or out).

The city received a small grant from the GR Community Foundation, so the maps will be reprinted this spring. The graphic artist is working on updates now, and hopes to get them to printing around May 1.

Insider info: Third printing was done in 2006, and late last year supplies ran low (or out).

The city received a small grant from the GR Community Foundation, so the maps will be reprinted this spring. The graphic artist is working on updates now, and hopes to get them to printing around May 1.

• 1 month later...

Someone Who Would Know informs me that the latest & greatest Bike GR is now available at local bike shops (and presumably the libraries as well). Said that distribution took place last week.

(not yet up on grcity.us though)

Someone Who Would Know informs me that the latest & greatest Bike GR is now available at local bike shops (and presumably the libraries as well). Said that distribution took place last week.

(not yet up on grcity.us though)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived