Hartford North End Blue Hills Mini Tour

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blue Hills area is pretty nice, there are a few bad parts thrown in, but it's generally safe. If you cut past Weaver and over to Nahum Drive it's pretty crappy, and if you go east a little toward Kent St and Deerfield St it can get pretty brutal too...

Nahum Drive is Bowles Park. That's the projects. That's one of the biggest things holding that neighborhood back. Other than that it's pretty much all one family owner occupied. The houses are very small over there though. Kent and Deerfield is actually in Upper Albany and it's pretty bad over there.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig in the crates, but excellent thread Tycoon , I love all them houses, last year when I still lived in "Freedom"( my new name for my much missed hometown) I used to walk up and down that street pretty often , either to look at the houses or go to the park. I few years ago I had a girl in the area, the daughter of city council member, she went to Weaver in the years we were there.

I used to follow the houses in the area pretty closely and the better ones were out of my price range, they were between $230,000 and $270,000. Though I was very close to buying a house on Canterbury if it would have strained my finances at the time.

I really love this house.

IMAGE_00068b.jpg

Sorry to dig in the crates, but excellent thread Tycoon , I love all them houses, last year when I still lived in "Freedom"( my new name for my much missed hometown) I used to walk up and down that street pretty often , either to look at the houses or go to the park. I few years ago I had a girl in the area, the daughter of city council member, she went to Weaver in the years we were there.

I used to follow the houses in the area pretty closely and the better ones were out of my price range, they were between $230,000 and $270,000. Though I was very close to buying a house on Canterbury if it would have strained my finances at the time.

I really love this house.

IMAGE_00068b.jpg

Archived