Sandler Center for the Perfoming Arts Progress

urbanvb

I can't guess what will be going in there...but I can tell you that it will be complimented by a neighboring Taco Bell. I love Taco Bell, but it has to be moved...hopefully the new PAC will be the catalyst needed to push the TB and Beacon Building out of the equation.

No way! That Taco Bell is HISTORICAL! Just because it's high class enough, the city is supposed to take the land away?

What if in 2 years no one is eating out because the country is in a recession? All of the little chains will have closed, and everyone will regret the fact that they can no longer buy a #10 Nacho Bell Grande Combo.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't guess what will be going in there...but I can tell you that it will be complimented by a neighboring Taco Bell. I love Taco Bell, but it has to be moved...hopefully the new PAC will be the catalyst needed to push the TB and Beacon Building out of the equation.

Actually, I have to reply again. Your view is just too wrong. Just because these properties aren't large is no reason that the owners should be forced to sell. It's a free market economy right? Let the private builders offer enough money to buy the property from the Taco Bell franchise owner, or the other building from Landmark (There was already an offer on the Beacon building, it was rejected).

Actually, I have to reply again. Your view is just too wrong. Just because these properties aren't large is no reason that the owners should be forced to sell. It's a free market economy right? Let the private builders offer enough money to buy the property from the Taco Bell franchise owner, or the other building from Landmark (There was already an offer on the Beacon building, it was rejected).

This is a free society and I have a right to a view. Plus I said nothing of the city taking the land or it not being classy enough. I was implying that new development would provide a "catalyst" for developers to look into the property and eventually make them an offer that they can't refuse. My opinion is that Taco Bell and Beacon don't fit into the Town Center concept and that it should make way for something else. With regards to property rights, they have every right in the World to stay put or ask for more cash. I just wish that they would sell so the TC could continue to grow.

Making assumptions is not sound argument, turning to negativity is not sound logic. I understand that I'm not talking to the subject now and I'll stop my reply here as to avoid violating the rules anymore. And I will not comment anymore on this subject.

Cats outta the bag

The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts will feature a 1,200-seat, state-of-the-art auditorium, with a glass enclosed courtyard and a three-story atrium. Also on this block will be a mixed-use retail, office and residential building, located in the plaza, known as 100 Market Street. It will have first floor retail to be occupied by McCormick & Schmick

With our population and tourism base I doubt it will be a problem. The other restaurants at TC have performed fabulously and some are highest grossing restaurants.

Yeah and some aren't that cheap either. :lol: We can definately support it.

I knew a waitress at the McCormick's in Tyson's Corner, from her insight it will attrack a buisness/professional crowd. It is a highend establishment and will be a great addition to TC. Imagine taking in dinner at McCormick's(among other restaurants) and catching a show at the Sandler Center! Que Bueno! This is just more evidence that TC is going in the right direction with regards to dinning and culture type stuff.

I believe there will be retail facing Indy. On the TC website, they show the master plan with retail facing Indy and another retail section facing the soon to be Bank St.

Also, on page 1 of this thread there is a schematic of the PAC showing 12,000 + sq ft. of space facing Indy and 4,000 + facing Bank St.

I'm gonna be a downer, but I'm not impressed with McCormick & Schmick's as the choice. The one here is not any better than Cheesecake or Chang's. Nowhere near the level of a Jurich's Bistro, Bobbywood or One Fish-Two Fish. Maybe we have the ghetto one, but the only good thing is the $2 happy-hour burger special. The rest of the menu is overpriced. I wonder if it will have a brewery, too. That'll be interesting, two microbrew pubs across the street from one another.

Judging by McCormick & Schmicks web site map locator, VBTC will be rubbing shoulders with some pretty high-end cities. The restaurant seems to be very selective about its store sites.

I was kinda hoping it might be a Legal Seafood - Boston based and the nearest I know of to HR is in DC.

At least, hoobo, it won't be another Steak House. :)

• 1 month later...

So in one of the other threads someone posted a link to the city page that talked about block 6E, the building next to the performing arts center... There, it said retail and almost 60 condos or apartments, whatever they were... My question is this: I had originally thought that this building wa ssupposed to be only three or four stories tall, so has anything been said on the height of it recently?

Archived