Sandler Center for the Perfoming Arts Progress

urbanvb

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is supposed to be larger than the site of Studio 56 by a little over 3,000 sqft.

Trucks can park on the two side streets. Shipments can be brought through the front door. One of the sides can have the door to the trash dumpster garage. Don't worry about it looking ugly because the trash dumpster area of the Ruth Chris's block faces the PAC. It is supposed to be a downtown. If it was supposed to be pretty, it would be like City Center.

Tonight I walked around the TC and took a look at the site in front of the PAC, facing Indy. I am a terrible judge of measurements but there does appear to be some space available (albeit a small one) to build the retail component there in front. And if not, once the construction fence is down, all one would see is a wall of brick and I have my doubts that would be the end result they are seeking.

• 1 month later...

The front looks good especially when compared to the Ferguson Center. They could do more with that facade especially the sweeping archway since its not restricted by space. My concern with the PAC is not the back which will be covered, but the sides. They look boring -- very institutional. A couple windows and recessed areas do not make the sides interesting. I'm not really sure what I would have done with it. But I'll save further criticism until I see it in person. Again, like the front, don't care about the back, concerned about the sides, and wonder about the interior.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the main website for the performing arts building, the virtual tour and renderings show space at the back for retail so hopefully that'll make the back end look more attractive than whats there now.

Does anyone know why they chose to make it 3 stories instead of the 4 that was originally planned?

On the main website for the performing arts building, the virtual tour and renderings show space at the back for retail so hopefully that'll make the back end look more attractive than whats there now.

Does anyone know why they chose to make it 3 stories instead of the 4 that was originally planned?

The video looks awesome. Good question though why they built 3 instead of 4 stories. Honestly, I had not even noticed. The building looks to be about the same minus the one story. I think this is going to be a great addition and add synergy to Town Center overall. I also like the fact that they will incorporate an Outdoor Performance Plaza -

Outdoor Performance Plaza - This festive public space features a performance area able to accommodate up to 400 patrons for festivals, outdoor performances, and social activities.

• 1 month later...

Archived