210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

This topic is to discuss the 210 Trade Tower which is under construction in downtown Charlotte. 210 Trade is a 53 story residential tower being built on the site of the old Charlotte Convention Center. Along with this is the Epicenter retail and entertainment complex being constructed as the base. The Epicenter complex will feature various retail outlets including restaurants and bars. The Ghazi Company is the primary developer.

There is an archived topic on the announcement of this tower in this thread:

The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft, 53 Story Retail

future_epicentre_large.jpg

grandSE-lg.jpg

Good idea, that thread was becoming enormous...

Does anyone understand yet how the tower crane is going to fit next to the building? Is that a corner of the building that wont protrude out? And I'm guessing they will just use the bottom of the crane as part of the foundation eventually.

After studying those two pictures provided by montazuma, I didn't realize how much the design had been changed....it appears that whole tower will sit at least 15% off the perpendicular. I'm not sure I'm sold on the design....I think it will have a lot to do with thier choice of materials.

I got 50....there are 4 floors above the "fin", that can't be seen from this angle but show up on the other rendering posted of the back side.

At this point, I would say counting floors in a rendering is a waste of time because these are all conceptual.....once Allen Tate starts marketing the project, I'm sure they will have produced schematics with floorplans, which should clear it all up.

I got 50....there are 4 floors above the "fin", that can't be seen from this angle but show up on the other rendering posted of the back side.

At this point, I would say counting floors in a rendering is a waste of time because these are all conceptual.....once Allen Tate starts marketing the project, I'm sure they will have produced schematics with floorplans, which should clear it all up.

Yeah, I agree with this including the 4 floors above the fin. Truth be told it doesn't really matter. I believe if it has been said to be 53 floors it will most likely stay that way. :D

I spoke with the architects of the 210 Trade building.

They told me the building would be 54 stories but would sit on top of a 4 story (platform?) so it would technically be 58 stories.

Ha. The Vue was rumored to be 58 stories at one point too. Funny. Yeah, i was counting that 4 story platform when i counted, but i guess that doesn't matter now that we know this.

Looks like they are going to be ready to pour more concrete for another section of that parking deck soon.

I like how, along with the tower, you can watch part of the work being done on the light rail at the same time.

I wish they had a picture of the project from this same angle to use for comparison.

I reported the heights for TradeMark and Avenue in their respective threads. These hieghts came from building permit revue comments. Avenue is 425', and I don't remember Trademark, but 345' sticks in my head....but like I said, if you dig through the TradeMark thread, I know I posted it.

I have no clue on 210, as they have not yet applied for the tower's building permit. All the work currently being done is technically part of the parking garage and/or foundation work.

From what i've seen or residential I'd say about 10 ft. floor to floor. So about mid 500 ft. range on this would be my guess.

I wonder if (since the Vue initially said they might go up to 58 floors) they were waiting to find out how high the Vue was going to be when they said they might go to 58 floors on this project. Since the Vue will be 51 I still assume, I bet they will do 53 floors.

I was pleased to see the drawing showing a ~15 degree tilt in the tower's position. Charlotte Plaza, BB&T, Wachovia 2 are basically positioned at the same angle. 210 will add a little variation which will be visually pleasing from the Independence Blvd view of Uptown.

Will the "fin" be illuminated at night?

I was pleased to see the drawing showing a ~15 degree tilt in the tower's position. Charlotte Plaza, BB&T, Wachovia 2 are basically positioned at the same angle. 210 will add a little variation which will be visually pleasing from the Independence Blvd view of Uptown.

Will the "fin" be illuminated at night?

I totally agree. Had they built it perpindicular to the surrounding buildings we would lose a lot of impressive buidlngs, but this will actually allow the eye to peer deeper into the cities density.

A2

Edited by A2

53 stories and 10 foot ceilings per Flaherty's ad in the Observer insert Townhomes and Condominums:

http://newspaperads.charlotte.com/SS/Page....19914&pagenum=1

They're also claiming it will be the tallest condo building in Uptwon Charlotte. The best units will go for $3,000,000. The smallest units will be 660 SF and sell for about $210,000.

Man......in the last paragraph the sales manager said they hope to have residents actually occupying units in 1st quarter 2007..........while I enjoy their optimism, I'm thinking that is physically impossible to complete 53 stories plus upfit the space in less than 48 weeks.......if so, then Clayco needs to be the sole general contractor of Charlotte highrise developments.

You never know, unlikely though. It's great that in the new ad, they still include the Movie Theatre. :D Also, they say the condos are 53 stories. Then they say that the condos will be stacked on top of the entertainment complex. So maybe it will be 58 total. Also says Lucky Strike is a tenant. Great.

Man......in the last paragraph the sales manager said they hope to have residents actually occupying units in 1st quarter 2007..........while I enjoy their optimism, I'm thinking that is physically impossible to complete 53 stories plus upfit the space in less than 48 weeks.......if so, then Clayco needs to be the sole general contractor of Charlotte highrise developments.

I'm skeptical. Those last stages of finishing are pretty hard to complete and do well enough for an upscale product. Courtside is still a bit rough around the edges and I've been there for nearly 6 weeks. And that was 6 months later than original 18 month timeline. Spring of 2008 perhaps for 210 Trade?