210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Residence Inns are franchised.  There could be legal issues if another franchisee were to be in the same marking territory.

Ahhh interesting, well it would certainlyl be a waste getting 2 of the same

Yeah I would assume this is where the hotel drive up and entrance would be because this is where it would have been for the condos right?

Edited by Jayvee

The good news is with the height of the floor plate of epicenter included, this Hotel should, in theory be slightly taller than the Ritz Carlton.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The hotel just made it through land-use approval and the plans are in Acela.

A couple of notes:

Total height - 284' above Trade St (as measured at the point where the alley is between the existing complex and the LRT) 

Added height - 186' above existing Epicentre roof (this is above the existing roof, which does not included the exposed 2 stories built for the condo tower.  I believe that structure will be demoed)

Added floors - 21 floors (so it looks like ~9' floor heights.  20 occupied plus mechanical roof level)

Hotel room total - 292 rooms

Hotel lobby will be on the ground floor, so the cavernous area seen from Trade St under the existing building becomes the drop-off area for check-in, with the shared hotel lobby down there.  I'm excited about that, as it should help active Trade a little more than a elevated lobby like Aloft.

There are 2 renderings on the last page...it is VERY beige.  No comment on materials, but I'm guessing its a stucco or EIFS cladding.

• Like 1

The hotel just made it through land-use approval and the plans are in Acela.

A couple of notes:

Total height - 284' above Trade St (as measured at the point where the alley is between the existing complex and the LRT) 

Added height - 186' above existing Epicentre roof (this is above the existing roof, which does not included the exposed 2 stories built for the condo tower.  I believe that structure will be demoed)

Added floors - 21 floors (so it looks like ~9' floor heights.  20 occupied plus mechanical roof level)

Hotel room total - 292 rooms

Hotel lobby will be on the ground floor, so the cavernous area seen from Trade St under the existing building becomes the drop-off area for check-in, with the shared hotel lobby down there.  I'm excited about that, as it should help active Trade a little more than a elevated lobby like Aloft.

There are 2 renderings on the last page...it is VERY beige.  No comment on materials, but I'm guessing its a stucco or EIFS cladding.

At least something is getting built. As much as I loathe the overuse of EIFS, it does look better than the concrete and rebar stump that currently exists.

The design of it doesn't bother me that much, it's decent. But the beige color is horrid. I'm wondering if they were limited with that they could do? And what's with the big blank canvas on the light rail elevation? 

The big blank canvas is already there. Thats where the movie theatre is located, so they can't have windows. 

Also, I think its a great design, if the Materials were different, I think this would be a real winner. I love the accent fin, I really like the accent bands, the fact that the two hotels are subtly different, the metal louvres in places, I like the glass curtains on the side, and finally I love the dual spires, its our mini sears tower. I am happy with this design, minus the materials. But Honestly Element is mostly stucco, and we really like it.

Its also a pretty big building, its about the same height as the westin, which is pretty impressive, since its 6 floors shorter. 

The big blank canvas is already there. Thats where the movie theatre is located, so they can't have windows.

Also, I think its a great design, if the Materials were different, I think this would be a real winner. I love the accent fin, I really like the accent bands, the fact that the two hotels are subtly different, the metal louvres in places, I like the glass curtains on the side, and finally I love the dual spires, its our mini sears tower. I am happy with this design, minus the materials. But Honestly Element is mostly stucco, and we really like it.

Its also a pretty big building, its about the same height as the westin, which is pretty impressive, since its 6 floors shorter.

So because it's showing up in Acela, that means its ready to rock & roll, correct? And if that's so, it's possible Bearden & this hotel could start nearly at the same time? That'd be cool if they started within a couple weeks of eachother.

It's makes the "boom" seem real when these projects start breaking ground. Other than the PR we've heard over these projects the last year :)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I don't mind the design, it'll be a nice change from the blue glass and really stand out in the area. I am very glad they are making that cave down there the lobby and should help to spruce up the street, it's just a shame that it'll be right next to the sketchiness that is the bus terminal.

I think it's great it's near the sketchiness of the bus area. Plus the most important Gold line station will be located right there also.

When you start blending in the new hotel lobby in conjunction with the Gold line station & the people TWC arena draws in, the bus station will feel less sketchy and be more inviting to those who may feel it is sketchy.

• Like 2

I think it's great it's near the sketchiness of the bus area. Plus the most important Gold line station will be located right there also.

When you start blending in the new hotel lobby in conjunction with the Gold line station & the people TWC arena draws in, the bus station will feel less sketchy and be more inviting to those who may feel it is sketchy.

Hope you are right, I like this project, can't wait to see it get going.

There is one thing that is left unaddressed by the approved plans... What, if anything, is planned for the former amenity deck. I'd hate to think they have abandoned it, and it'll just sit there unfinished. A hotel like this needs a pool and amenities, right? 

• 2 months later...