210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

• 2 weeks later...

So construction was slated to begin in early 2015....granted its still early 2015 but I haven't seen any activity on the site (my desk overlooks the epicentre from Plaza). Does anyone have any info on when we could look to see some progress here?

Also, did we ever figure out what they're going to do with the OTHER Residence Inn in uptown, or will we just stupidly have 2 of the same hotels a mile from one another?

Edited by Jayvee

I don't know if they will keep the older Residence Inn, but it would not be unprecedented to have multiple locations of a hotel brand nearby in an urban location.   

That would suck but I guess it is what it is. On 3notes:

- the space in-between IOS and BofA (across from mortimers) had some workers in it today, not sure what's going on.

- Also, saw some workers on the rooftop (from my office) doing what looked like examining the existing structure.

- ALSO, at Rooftop 210, it looks like they are finally setting up the enclosed structure it was supposed to have last year. Epicentre is busy today!

Edited by Jayvee

I feel like Springhill, AC & Ascent are supposed to break ground any day now and it's annoying me everyday they aren't. Not because I'm nervous or scared they wont be built (before anyone googles Accela for me) but because I hate anticipation.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A RTAP was submitted today labeled "Epicentre RTAP 1" but I can't click on it. I'm hoping its to change the god awful colors of the AC hotel. This project has been quiet for a while, I am hoping there's movement soon.

Its becoming a hotel and residences... Is it too late for April Fools?

EDIT: Side Note to make this post relevant...

I don't think you need to do a file a RTAP for a color change, otherwise we probably wouldn't have a Giant Pepto colors tower in Southend.

Edited by Guest

It is selectable now, check it out! Nothing really major, just a better insight into everything. 

Provided additional detail and material specifications in courtyard and arrival court Added second stair into courtyard Added staging, arrival court, 5th level planting, 2nd utility detail, irrigation layout, partial lighting, P2 plumbing, and architectural elevation plan sheets Added redundant fire line, and 6" domestic water taps on C600 Added a storm structure to arrival court, along CATS wall, on sheet C500 Adjusted demolition plan

Saw 2 guys up (one in a suit, one not) walking Around the concrete and steel today. I think once the RTAP is approved this thing is gonna get going pretty quickly.

Maybe they are just scouting for a place to film a post apocalyptic hellscape.

Saw 2 guys up (one in a suit, one not) walking Around the concrete and steel today. I think once the RTAP is approved this thing is gonna get going pretty quickly.

This will be the 5th 20+ floor Highrise to start construction of the new wave of development.

1) 300 South

2) Ascent

3) Mint Museum

4) Skyhouse II

5) AC Epicentre

:) that's an impressive list.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

so being a child of the 1980s I wanted to see the Mad Max remake, I haven't been to the epicenter for a movie since before it became SMG. To my dismay I discovered that everybody in the online world hates our SMG:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/studio-movie-grill-charlotte

Anyone here disagree? I really want to drink a beer (or two) while I admire the auto-culture's ability to survive an apocalypse.

^I agree with tozmervo as well. When the Epicentre theaters first opened, I went there several times with my wife and other friends. Food was always good and the service was reliable. But it went down hill shortly after the theater changed hands. I haven't been in probably 2 years maybe, and can't say I'd go out of my way to go again. Just wasn't worth the hassle for subpar food and service. Though, I think some of the experiences on Yelp were worse than my last one. 

Same here. I always liked the previous Epicentre theaters and tried SMG twice despite the awful first experience. The second was no better. They put real effort into making it worse than what was already there with nothing but awful frozen and microwaved food and a more limited drink menu (especially lame beer selection). The service is incredibly distracting and the staff in my experience didn't try very hard to mediate that, with one jingling pockets full of change throughout the whole movie. They also keep the lights higher than an average theater. If you go, sit in the very front where they won't be walking in front of you.

There are few businesses I wish such ill will towards, but I cannot WAIT until they go out of business and are replaced by some more competently-run similar concept (Come on Alamo Drafthouse!)