210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

But the image on SSP isn't scaled properly and makes it look like the building is 200 meters. That's an instance where it is unreliable.

I hate posting this, it makes me feel like I'm wasting space in a perfectly good thread. I fell to the temptation on my last post.

Edited by moonshield

So does anyone know if the sales for this project continued as strongly as they began? Have they sold out?

It isn't sold out but the sales are still going well according to someone I know at Allen Tate (the sales team for the project is Builder Services, a branch of AT). They had some issues with getting the system down to service clients and potential clients and work through contracts. The sales team is set up for residential homes sales, not towers, but things are going well according to them and from the price sheet I saw that had lots of "sold" units.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw mention of some of the first (possible) tenants in the Epicentre...

Bonehead's Grilled Fish & Piri Piri Chicken

Doc Greene's Gourmet Salads

Moe's Southwest Grill

Planet Smoothie

Shane's Rib Shack

The Flying Biscuit

It's all from the same company, Raving Brands. The way they phrased it on this page, I'm not sure if it is a done deal that these will be there. I don't know if they require a franchisee to get in on the deal first or if they just open the stores up and hope someone willing to purchase the franchise will hop on board after it's open. Here's the website:

http://www.ravingbrands.com/RBHotLocations.aspx

Does anyone else know of other retailers coming to the Epicentre?

And while I'm on the subject, I just recalled seeing Fox Sports Grill in the renderings of Epicentre. Sure enough, on their site, they list Charlotte as a future location!

http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/locations.aspx

I've been to the one in Midtown Atlanta, and I was pretty impressed. Much better than an ESPNZone, IMO. It was a pretty classy joint for a sports bar, and the food was phenomenal in comparison to any other sports bar I've been to.

And while I'm on the subject, I just recalled seeing Fox Sports Grill in the renderings of Epicentre. Sure enough, on their site, they list Charlotte as a future location!

This won't be the first one in the Charlotte area as there was one in Concord Mills when it opened, but it closed a year or so ago. It's the first for downtown though.

This won't be the first one in the Charlotte area as there was one in Concord Mills when it opened, but it closed a year or so ago. It's the first for downtown though.

You're referring to a different concept. The one that was in Concord Mills was what you would find in an airport. Fox Sports Grill is completely different...think Sullivan's with a sports theme.

Actually, the one in Concord Mills was a Fox Sky Box, which now can only be found in airports (there's one in CLT, in fact - E concourse). The Fox Sports Grill is much more upscale, and the food is 10x better.

Actually, the one in Concord Mills was a Fox Sky Box, which now can only be found in airports (there's one in CLT, in fact - E concourse). The Fox Sports Grill is much more upscale, and the food is 10x better.

Whew! I'm glad there's a differance. I was thinking of Concord Mills as well, and the Sky Box thing would not be good downtown ro anywhere for that matter but an airport. Sullivan's with a sports theme, huh? I anxiously await their opening then.

That's terrific of you to share these photos with us:)

One thing that I noticed in one of the south facing pics is what killer views people in Charlotte Plaza will have! Workers from different sides of the building will have views of the Epicenter, BofA, Ritz, Wach 1, new Wachovia, the NASCAR HOF, and even possibly some day the Park:)

Charlotte Plaza was built 26 years ago, and has been a popular building through the years. It's desirability should become even more pronounced with recent projects, and the new ones coming up.

Wow, the webcam doesn't really show off as much as I thought it did. The scope of the project seems so much larger in those pictures. I hardly ever make it outpast epicentre, and it's unfortunately never on foot at that point so I never get a great view.

thanks for the fresh pics. the webcam angle was getting old... and we're gonna be stuck with that for a long time. these pics really reveal how massive this project is... thats alot of stick, concrete, and steel. somebody's gonna max out the home depot card.

• 3 weeks later...

Im surprised no one mentioned this, but in Augusts Uptown Magazine, there is a new rendering of the Entertainment Complex, with a lot of the tenants signage on it, and locations. It shows the side where the hotel will go, and includes, on this side, the Movie theatre woohoo, Lucky Strike Lanes, Wild WIng Cafe, Doc Greens gourmet salads, Cold Stone Creamery, Boneheads, Shanes Rib Shack, The Comedy Zone, Prime Steakhouse, PJs, and Moes, and Planet Smoothie. It shows these as all on this one side. A lot. Someone should scan the rendering. Im excited it has Lucky Strike, and the Movie Theatre looks great.

Im surprised no one mentioned this, but in Augusts Uptown Magazine, there is a new rendering of the Entertainment Complex, with a lot of the tenants signage on it, and locations. It shows the side where the hotel will go, and includes, on this side, the Movie theatre woohoo, Lucky Strike Lanes, Wild WIng Cafe, Doc Greens gourmet salads, Cold Stone Creamery, Boneheads, Shanes Rib Shack, The Comedy Zone, Prime Steakhouse, PJs, and Moes, and Planet Smoothie. It shows these as all on this one side. A lot. Someone should scan the rendering. Im excited it has Lucky Strike, and the Movie Theatre looks great.

That's great! I still wouldn't regard that as confirmation on the theater and Lucky Strike though. As much as I want both these facilities to be there, Charlotte is still not listed as a "coming location" on Lucky Strike's website. Would be nice to hear some type of formal update from Ghazi.

cold stone or the like should be a no brainer. also, wild wings- is that the same as buffalo wild wings (aka bw3's?) if so . . . yeaaaaaaaaaaah

I have not seen the rendering, but if it is "Wild Wing Cafe", no, it's not the same as "Buffalo Wild Wings". Wild Wing Cafe was originally started in Charleston, SC and has since expanded all over SC and I think possibly beyond the state's borders. Its really a fun place with great chicken. They usually have live music on Friday and Saturday Nights. I ended up spending last New Years at the original on the Market in Charleston. I hope that one opens in Charlotte.

I have not seen the rendering, but if it is "Wild Wing Cafe", no, it's not the same as "Buffalo Wild Wings". Wild Wing Cafe was originally started in Charleston, SC and has since expanded all over SC and I think possibly beyond the state's borders. Its really a fun place with great chicken. They usually have live music on Friday and Saturday Nights. I ended up spending last New Years at the original on the Market in Charleston. I hope that one opens in Charlotte.

Actually Wild Wing Cafe already has a location in Charlotte on Ayrsley Town Boulevard.