210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

• 4 weeks later...

For any short comings on the creatively of the new hotel at Epicentre, one thing it does is make the area of College and Trade feel really dense. Walked around this area last night and really for the first time thought this was imposing in that section of town. All in a good way. Definitely felt very alive. When it's finished and the Omni redo is completed, it will really make a big difference. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I actually don't mind how its coming together. Its hard to believe its so few rooms, because its massive.

I think the relatively low number of rooms speaks to the amount of public space this project has. It truly is a part of the community, not just some hermetically sealed hotel for visitors and visitors only. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 11:58 AM, CLTranspo said:

it's definitely charlotte beige as of now, but I'm wondering what is that material going up on the right and top of the building? Will that cover all/most of the rest of the building? It looks like a glass lattice or something 

IMG_2113.JPG

Based on the renderings, and putting it through the "reality filter" so to speak, the design appears to match the color of the epicenter with the glass of the windows and along what I assume is either a stairwell or a series of lounges on each floor acting as the color accent. Looking at it now it seems very disappointing, the windows look smaller than the renderings, and there seems to be much less definition in the facade. Hopefully this isn't the final look of the building, because if it is I will be counting the days until those lots across from the Transit Center are developed to block this thing. 

• Like 1

I went to the roof of the Epicentre for the first time last weekend at night. I was really impressed by how the hotel feels close-up. What materials are it made out of?

I've never been a fan of the Epicentre, but as I climbed its levels the other night it dawned on me how similarly it is designed to a castle or keep, with its courtyard square for crowds to gather and several levels of ascendant living as you climb. The hotel perhaps being the castle's tower (Tower of Power)?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...