210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

55 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

It looks great in person, honestly. You don't even notice it. 

Agree.  It's a seamless transition and it fits well.  But when you're up on that rooftop bar enjoying some of the best views in the city and throwing back some brews, you won't mind the beige.  I think this will be the best rooftop bar in CLT proximity wise and that feeling of being engulfed by the surrounding towers. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

I gotta say, and I might be skewered for this, I actually like it in part *because* it fits in with other towers like BofA and Hearst, but has more bulk... The combo of lighter beige and the pure tank of a profile makes a good beacon across First and Second Wards for the entertainment (relative) Mecca beneath it. And yes I'm aware the latter is a point that could favour any more distinctive or lively replacement. :blush:

5 hours ago, Eightane said:

I gotta say, and I might be skewered for this, I actually like it in part *because* it fits in with other towers like BofA and Hearst, but has more bulk... The combo of lighter beige and the pure tank of a profile makes a good beacon across First and Second Wards for the entertainment (relative) Mecca beneath it. And yes I'm aware the latter is a point that could favour any more distinctive or lively replacement. :blush:

Personally, I feel like if they had used different materials, we'd all complain about it being disjointed visually. I, for one, don't mind it... That said the Trade Street Facade is atrocious. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 10:10 AM, kermit said:

I think it looks pretty good as I glance at it driving down Caldwell st. I do have a feeling that I wouldn't like it as much if it wasn't beside the most atrocious building in 28202 -- the Aloft.

That's giving the Hampton/Hilton block one hell of an endorsement...

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 0:29 PM, saamh said:

I believe that the building is a great addition and looks fine. If the poster before thinks that this is the ugliest building in the area, I suggest that he go to 1st Ward and have a look at the UNCC building. Now, that is ugly and maybe the ugliest in the state.

saamh, I didn't mean to associate this response with you. I apologize. 

Edited by caterpillar2
Posted in error

I actually like it better with the final off white, not beige color and dual masts, upper level bar, and some accents and the mid century windows..  Big plus for downtown and Spectrum events, plus better than rebar.. every project doesn't have to be perfect to be a win for Charlotte, otherwise just whining.

most southern cities would be hailing this as the best new addition to the skyline...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grodney said:

EpiCentre "news" - The Pie-ology window wrap is off the old AT&T space.  Guess that's not happening.

Saw that as well.  Some of the other new tenants that are open: "Rocket Fizz" which is a giant candy store and "Insomnia Cookies".  I have not heard/seen when the new World of Beer is supposed to be complete though (They took over the old Revolution store)?  

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
edit

3 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Saw that as well.  Some of the other new tenants that are open: "Rocket Fizz" which is a giant candy store and "Insomnia Cookies".  I have not heard/seen when the new World of Beer is supposed to be complete though (They took over the old Revolution store)?  

Rocket Fizz is amazing. So dangerous for a sweet tooth like myself. Insomnia is...what it is. 

Pieolgy deal fell through which is good. Space deserves more. World of Beer is under construction and should be open early next year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today.  The flat side of the building isn't great, but I really like the short side facing Trade.  Really adds to the canyon.  Our skyline swoops downward in the middle, so I have dreams that in a couple of decades there will be a 700+ footer where the transit center is or across the street from the transit center.  If it ever happens it would even out skyline and block the flat side of 210 Trade.  Until then...  I don't mind this hotel.

Crescent2.jpg.6fc4688675afc47cc4145ab243fb65bd.jpg

• Like 2

Today.  The flat side of the building isn't great, but I really like the short side facing Trade.  Really adds to the canyon.  Our skyline swoops downward in the middle, so I have dreams that in a couple of decades there will be a 700+ footer where the transit center is or across the street from the transit center.  If it ever happens it would even out skyline and block the flat side of 210 Trade.  Until then...  I don't mind this hotel.

Crescent2.jpg.6fc4688675afc47cc4145ab243fb65bd.jpg

I'm the opposite. Love the flat side, despise the trade street side. Looks very awkward to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...