210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

A Foot Locker will draw crowds from the bus transfer center/garage near the Epicentre.  It's really a good location for a store such as that.

Otherwise, I am not clear that mid-level chain stores would be successful in uptown Charlotte.  Why shop uptown when similar stores are all around Charlotte?  The few cities near Charlotte that have strong retail in their downtowns (Greenville, SC and Charleston) all have ritzier stores than are in the local malls, so those downtowns differentiate themselves that way.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

Big View Diner (owned by Greeks)

Landmark Diner (owned by Greeks)

Skyland Diner (owned by Greeks)

Stacks (Owned by Greeks from New Jersey)

Midnight Diner

Redeye Diner

you must not get out much? Lol

Lol I got you, I mean this conversation happened in Greensboro, I'm just talking about the South in general

Edited by SgtCampsalot

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Walked around yesterday in 80 degree weather and it was great!  Crews are all over the city prepping for the all star weekend (banners and pictures).  The Epicentre has received some cosmetic fixes.  The main staircase near enso has fresh paint and they have "fixed" the broken, what was wood flooring, panels.  I tried to peer into Enso bc I saw lights on...couldn't really see anything in there.  Maybe it will be a pop up shop for the weekend.  But it's a huge place that could be split into separate stores and the location is good on the ground floor.  I expect something to go in there soon.  Looks like Bubble closed and there was work being done in there for something.  Overall it had a very vibrant feel to it and I have no doubt this will be a very popular destination come next weekend.  The elevator pictured above has a huge Kemba wrap on it now...pretty cool.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Walked around yesterday in 80 degree weather and it was great!  Crews are all over the city prepping for the all star weekend (banners and pictures).  The Epicentre has received some cosmetic fixes.  The main staircase near enso has fresh paint and they have "fixed" the broken, what was wood flooring, panels.  I tried to peer into Enso bc I saw lights on...couldn't really see anything in there.  Maybe it will be a pop up shop for the weekend.  But it's a huge place that could be split into separate stores and the location is good on the ground floor.  I expect something to go in there soon.  Looks like Bubble closed and there was work being done in there for something.  Overall it had a very vibrant feel to it and I have no doubt this will be a very popular destination come next weekend.  The elevator pictured above has a huge Kemba wrap on it now...pretty cool.  

Bubble closed about a year and a half ago.  I’ve heard rumors that Suite might close soon too.  I can’t understand why there aren’t more sit down restaurants at the epicenter (and retail).  

On 10/26/2018 at 9:49 AM, Temeteron said:

I’m sorry but I will have to disagree 110%. Putting a foot locker at the epicenter is going to be the nail in it’s coffin.  That complex needs places like Apple, H&M,  maybe one of the locally owned men’s clothing stores that sell suits etc, maybe a gift shop, etc.  something that caters to everyone. Foot locker doesn’t cater to everyone, and it gives off a very “hood” vibe. 

Translate hood....... But I would have to disagree with you. But I do say that it is too specific of a store in that location.  Apple would be great tho. 

No way Apple would put a store there, same goes for an H&M.  The place is just not high class enough for their brands.  On a 1-10 scale the Epicenter is a 6 and they need to work a lot harder to maintain that.  Wont find the brands entertaining anything less than 8/9 caliber places.

Edited by navigator319

33 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

No way Apple would put a store there, same goes for an H&M.  The place is just not high class enough for their brands.  On a 1-10 scale the Epicenter is a 6 and they need to work a lot harder to maintain that.  Wont find the brands inferring in anything less than 8/9 caliber places.

H&M doesn’t need to be in high class area.  It just needs foot traffic.  You can find shirts there for $9-$15

Edited by Temeteron

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

I didn’t mean the high class in the price point of the goods they sell, but rather brand image.

There are H&Ms at Staten Island Mall and Great Lakes Mall (Mentor, OH), both of which are not glamorous locals. Staten Island Mall yikes. By the way there is a store called "Urban Planet" there.

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There are H&Ms at Staten Island Mall and Great Lakes Mall (Mentor, OH), both of which are not glamorous locals. Staten Island Mall yikes. By the way there is a store called "Urban Planet" there.

Wassamatta you? Cops gotta buy clothes for deir liddle gals and guys

Edited by tarhoosier