210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

14 minutes ago, sakami said:

Well now you’re just trying to start a fight. We go to Landmark and Stack’s only because they might be more convenient at times, never because we prefer them. Once you’ve had WF hash browns there is no going back. 

Lol not trying to start a fight, just stating my opinion.  And also Stacks has fresh squeezed orange juice and good quality coffee.  Unlike Waffle House which gets that God awful Tropicana and watery coffee.  

2 hours ago, Temeteron said:

Lol not trying to start a fight, just stating my opinion.  And also Stacks has fresh squeezed orange juice and good quality coffee.  Unlike Waffle House which gets that God awful Tropicana and watery coffee.  

Coffee & Juice isn't what I go to Waffle House for, which I think saying they have a bad breakfast is a bad take. Never had a bad breakfast from there, and I've had about 2 dozen bad breakfasts living in New York City the past 11 years.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, Temeteron said:

How about an EpiCentre branch of this place:  https://www.facebook.com/KnifeandForkCharlotte/   Many moons ago (summer of '89, to be exact), when I was just out of grad school and had to take a night shift job in Charlotte to pay the rent, this restaurant (located on Sharon Amity at the time) was my go-to place when I had late-night hunger pangs after work.  I remember going there a time or two with a teacher from Chicago who was working in the same place with me that summer.  Maybe it was just because I was so hungry and there were few other options at that hour, but I thought the food was good.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Was just at Epi picking stuff up at CVS. All I have to say is wow. Place is transformed. Actually a place I would go if was always like this.

Mountain Dew as taken over Howel at the moon. Inside is gutted but not only that reimagined the facade facing inwards. Dramatic improvement.

Express has has taken over Vida. Gutted inside it’s a legit clothing store.

State Farm has taken over Vida Vida with what looks like an arcade bar.

Staircase leading to Howell has been refurbished. No longer is like something third world. Other stair case by strike city still out of Baghdad

Fresh paint in places.

Signage that is excellent and doubles as aesthetic improvements.

Please don’t reverse this all next Monday

^ in other words, the CEO of Krispy Kreme needs to take some pics of the epicenter for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Awesome! Will be exploring tomorrow and Friday. Im curious if they did anything with enso or bubbles old spot. Was there a week ago and saw work going on. I'm ready to show clt off to the nba world this weekend! Hope the weather pans out, hopefully it dissipates. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

^ in other words, the CEO of Krispy Kreme needs to take some pics of the epicenter for us. 

Oh if ya'll wanted pics of Epicenter I could've helped yall. I go there every Friday for Moes. Well maybe not this Friday for obvious reasons but definitely next

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

You know I am busy with the heart shaped doughnuts but we try to please.  Here you go from earlier today. 

IMG_9666.JPG

I was today years old (2 days before my birthday) when I found out Mountain Dew still existed.

Edited by Guest

I'm kind of sad they didn't turn Enso into the NBA on TNT studio with Shaq, Paul, etx (that is going at the Filmore).  I'll be that way after work to check out the place.  Just seems with Enso's size and prime location on the 1st floor, they would have done something with it.  I am going to miss the pop up shops all around the city though.  Imagine if Enso, Whiskey River, & Howl were all retail (something besides food & bev)...would be pretty cool.  I can't remember who I ran into a while back...said the owners are seriously working on bringing in some soft goods retail and specifically mentioned Enso as some type of clothing store.   Not sure how credible the source, but there's that.  There is a watch and jewelry type store in the btw too (across from Mortimers)...not sure the brands.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

3 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

I saw Charles Barkley in the overstreet walkway this afternoon near Uncle Maddio's. It feels weird seeing famous people in the overstreet walkway.

I talked to a security guard at my building today and he said they were going to close off some of the entrances to the epicenter. 

I hussled past a very tall man in a very swanky suit in Overstreet today. It didn't dawn on my for 45 minutes that it may have been a famous basketball player. The native NYer in me just wanted him to get the -- out of my way.

• Haha 3