monsoon

210 Trade | EpiCentre

Tres bien.. So, 4 floors of office + 48 floors of condos = 52 floors. Is it 53 because there's no 13th floor or something? Or is it really 52 stories?

On a side note: They'll be pouring more foundation soon, early morning probably, and will pour columns on the tower base soon that will nearly reach up to street level. This thing is going up.

EDIT: And I don't think they're putting a crane there.

Edited by UrbanCharlotte

On a side note there is an article on Chlt.com about Epicentre. I don't know if it is one we already posted (my memory is shot) or if there is anything new so i won't post it, but just figured i'd let you guys know.

I liked the rails too (are we talking about all those horizontal strips?), but I think they might just be the outline of where the roof sections will actually be. I think they made them "transparent" so you can get a perspective of what the building's shape and mass will be from a birds-eye view. I hope I'm wrong though, cuz that does look cool.

Tres bien.. So, 4 floors of office + 48 floors of condos = 52 floors. Is it 53 because there's no 13th floor or something? Or is it really 52 stories?

48 Floors of condos + 4 floors of office + first floor lobby = 53 stories :)

Well they put a few new renderings from more of a ground level. They also COMPLETELY updated their website, added floorplans, videos, views, and the whole 9 yards. Looking serious now.

I am very impressed with 210 Ten's website. The interactive tour inside the condo was really neat. If I had to rank my favorite websites, it would be like this:

1. Trademark

2. 210 Trade

3. The Vue

4. Avenue

5. 230 South Tryon

6. The Park

!!!!! oh wow, this is now my favourite site, and I love the floorplans, too bad penthouse floors aren't available, :-( haha, wow tho I love the hearst interactive tour crazy stuff

I like how they most of the floorplans after the buildings and areas they would be facing. Gets rid of confusion about which unit you are actually getting like in The Vue.

As for the renderings and videos... it's no wonder they delayed any announcements, they probably wanted to have these done for buyers. Can't imagine how many hours/days/weeks it took.

Edited by aussie luke

am I actually seeing real hardwood floors???!?!?!? Looks like they have been doing a lot of work without any of us knowing about it, I still can't get over this place, where did you find the rendering at urbancharlotte?

It is uncanny how much this project has evolved since it was first proposed as an upfit of the civic center with a merry go round on the roof.

They first applied for zoning and for public assistance.

Then the movie theatre tenant said they couldn't make it work within the existing building.

Then they planned to tear the building down and add small a tower.

Then they planned a european-style plaza in the center.

Then the tower was to be the second tallest in the city.

Then they planned on a second tower.

Now the tower is better than ever, with penthouse on penthouse on penthouse, the plaza is replaced with a huge rooftop terrace, the movie theater seems to be gone, the hotel turns out to be "aloft".

No wonder we had to archive the old thread after 60+ pages. This project just keeps the news coming.

And finally we have marketing materials!

The latest news on this from today said they still had a theatre and bowling.

Anyway, they said it'll have some boutiques. It'd be awesome if they put a AX or something right on the corner of Trade and College.

I have really enjoyed reading the different comments on the residential towers in Charlotte. I am the lead developer of 210 Trade and we at Flaherty and Collins look forward to being a part of the Charlotte community with the introduction of our tower. Please take the time to go back to 210trade.com and enjoy the updated web page where you can see what I believe are the best floor plans and amenities in town and where you can tour individual units. It is our desire to develop a building that is sleek and contemporary with timeless architectual appeal that the city of Charlotte will be proud of. I look forward to reading additional comments as the building comes out of the ground.