210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

On a side note: They'll be pouring more foundation soon, early morning probably, and will pour columns on the tower base soon that will nearly reach up to street level. This thing is going up.

EDIT: And I don't think they're putting a crane there.

Edited by UrbanCharlotte

I liked the rails too (are we talking about all those horizontal strips?), but I think they might just be the outline of where the roof sections will actually be. I think they made them "transparent" so you can get a perspective of what the building's shape and mass will be from a birds-eye view. I hope I'm wrong though, cuz that does look cool.

I like how they most of the floorplans after the buildings and areas they would be facing. Gets rid of confusion about which unit you are actually getting like in The Vue.

As for the renderings and videos... it's no wonder they delayed any announcements, they probably wanted to have these done for buyers. Can't imagine how many hours/days/weeks it took.

Edited by aussie luke

It is uncanny how much this project has evolved since it was first proposed as an upfit of the civic center with a merry go round on the roof.

They first applied for zoning and for public assistance.

Then the movie theatre tenant said they couldn't make it work within the existing building.

Then they planned to tear the building down and add small a tower.

Then they planned a european-style plaza in the center.

Then the tower was to be the second tallest in the city.

Then they planned on a second tower.

Now the tower is better than ever, with penthouse on penthouse on penthouse, the plaza is replaced with a huge rooftop terrace, the movie theater seems to be gone, the hotel turns out to be "aloft".

No wonder we had to archive the old thread after 60+ pages. This project just keeps the news coming.

And finally we have marketing materials!

I have really enjoyed reading the different comments on the residential towers in Charlotte. I am the lead developer of 210 Trade and we at Flaherty and Collins look forward to being a part of the Charlotte community with the introduction of our tower. Please take the time to go back to 210trade.com and enjoy the updated web page where you can see what I believe are the best floor plans and amenities in town and where you can tour individual units. It is our desire to develop a building that is sleek and contemporary with timeless architectual appeal that the city of Charlotte will be proud of. I look forward to reading additional comments as the building comes out of the ground.