210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Dale Earnhart Jr. has announced that he will open up a bar at Epicentre this December. Whiskey River will take up 10,000 square feet on the Trade Street side, facing the arena but won't be dedicated to NASCAR as some would think. It will resemble a basement bar that anyone would enjoy hanging out in. Think lots of wood and metal decorations, multiple TVs and a mechanical bull.

More information can be found at Charlotte.com.

Other EpiCentre Attractions

All very nice additions to the uptown restaurant stock. We need some laid back atmosphere's, and I'm particularly happy that Cold Stone is going in, other then DD/BR theres no ice cream spots.

Now if Gahzi can pull off some clothing and regular retail options I'll be very happy.

Dale Earnhart Jr. has announced that he will open up a bar at Epicentre this December. Whiskey River will take up 10,000 square feet on the Trade Street side, facing the arena but won't be dedicated to NASCAR as some would think. It will resemble a basement bar that anyone would enjoy hanging out in. Think lots of wood and metal decorations, multiple TVs and a mechanical bull.

More information can be found at Charlotte.com.

Other EpiCentre Attractions

So it looks like Fox Sports Grill will be coming there after all? I know there was some discussion on here as to whether or not that would happened. I'm excited about this list too. I think having a late night Wine & Coffee bar will fill a void too.

There's a PJs in Atlantic Station down in Atlanta, pretty cool place - coffee house by day - wine bar/lounge at night. Part of the Raving Brands (moes, shanes rib shack, smoothie king, etc) if I'm not mistaken.

This is a very great, and very surprising line up of restraunts and retail. Number one- Wild Wing Cafe is one of my favorites. I remember there being a topic of conversation a little while ago about wanting to see a Buffalo Wild Wings downtown. Although two different products, Wild Wing Cafe is really great. Since WWC has a sports bar in it with many TV's, it looks like theres will be a few bars as part of the complex and places to watch our sports.

Also surprising me is all of the cheaper restaunts, or more friendly to a wide variety of audience. I was anticipating higher end retail since it is downtown, to serve to the business people, but I am so happy that we are seeing places like Cold Stone, Jasons Deli, and Smoothie King.

This is a very great, and very surprising line up of restraunts and retail. Number one- Wild Wing Cafe is one of my favorites. I remember there being a topic of conversation a little while ago about wanting to see a Buffalo Wild Wings downtown. Although two different products, Wild Wing Cafe is really great. Since WWC has a sports bar in it with many TV's, it looks like theres will be a few bars as part of the complex and places to watch our sports.

Also surprising me is all of the cheaper restaunts, or more friendly to a wide variety of audience. I was anticipating higher end retail since it is downtown, to serve to the business people, but I am so happy that we are seeing places like Cold Stone, Jasons Deli, and Smoothie King.

I was one of the UP posters that brought up Buffalo Wild Wings. I can definitely settle for a Wild Wing Cafe :) This is going to be great. On a Friday night, head down to WWC for some pre-game dinner. Walk over to Bobcats Arena to catch a game. Then walk back and maybe go to Whisky River or Fox Sports grill. Can't wait!

I actually think laser tag downtown, and paired up with the other entertainment venues of epicentre would be awesome. The only other one I'm aware of is down Independence by Rock & Roll Emporium.

It would be awesome, I think there is a laser tag coming to Ballantyne in addition to a new bowling alley there.

Does anyone know how many screens there will be in the cinema or how many lanes will be in the bowling alley? I also read the the Earnhardt club will be ready in December. Does that seem feasable?

They were projecting an opening date of the end of October for the complex - I am sure one store in the complex would do to make that date, but I would think December would be possible.

I wonder how old some of the lists are that are circulating about what will be in the epicenter. I heard a long time ago that the bowling alley was out. I think the movie theatre has been reduced to 5 screens.

The bowling alley is still ago, with upscale bar inside. There is also a full service CVS and pharmacy. The movie theatre will be 8 plex !

From their website at http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/

Lucky Strike Entertainment is the nation's premier destination for dining, lounging and bowling. Opening our first location in 2003, Lucky Strike Hollywood - an upscale bowling lounge with gourmet food, plush seating, and signature cocktails, was an immediate and overwhelming hit. We've been recognized in national publications as a leader in our industry and 2006 saw our CEO named Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young. Currently we have 12 locations nationwide with themes ranging from upscale lounges and bars to swanky billiard clubs.

From their website at http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/

Lucky Strike Entertainment is the nation's premier destination for dining, lounging and bowling. Opening our first location in 2003, Lucky Strike Hollywood - an upscale bowling lounge with gourmet food, plush seating, and signature cocktails, was an immediate and overwhelming hit. We've been recognized in national publications as a leader in our industry and 2006 saw our CEO named Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young. Currently we have 12 locations nationwide with themes ranging from upscale lounges and bars to swanky billiard clubs.

Nice, but this still doesn't answer the original question of whether the bowling alley in Epi will be a "Lucky Strike".

There have been a ton of posts in this thread about possibly tenants. Here's the list that I have, just so we all have it in one place instead of spread over 57 pages of posts. Also, I think some of these are newcomers to this thread. Sorry to post information that is redundant, but it's nice to have it all in one place.

Restaurants:

Bar XYZ - Hip and trendy bar inside the Aloft by W Hotels (W...XYZ, get it?)

BlackFinn - Sports pub/restaurant

Bonehead's Grilled Fish and Piri Piri Chicken - Gourmet fast food (Raving Brands)

Doc Green's Gourmet Salads - Self-explanatory (Raving Brands)

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - Upscale Steakhose

Flying Biscuit - Breakfast all day (Raving Brands)

Fox Sports Grill - Upscale sports-themed restaurant

The Fudgery - Fudge makers singing opera

Howl at the Moon - Dueling piano bar

Jason's Deli - Sandwiches, soups, and salad bar

Libretto's Pizza - NY pizza joint opening 2nd location (original in NYC)

Mama Fu's - Asian noodle and rice bowls (Raving Brands)

Moe's Southwest Grill - Tex-Mex (Raving Brands)

PJ's Wine and Coffee Bar - Coffee shop by day, wine bar by night

Shane's Rib Shack - Ribs 'n' BBQ (Raving Brands)

Smoothie King - Fruit smoothies

Whiskey River - 10,000 sqft bar owned by Dale Earnheardt Jr.

Wild Wing Cafe - Sports themed buffalo wing bar/restaurant

Bowling:

Unknown who will come (Lucky Strike Lanes?)

Movies:

unknown who will come, but will be an 8-plex

Other:

CBS Radio Studios

aloft Hotel (a W Suite-Hotel)

There have been a ton of posts in this thread about possibly tenants. Here's the list that I have, just so we all have it in one place instead of spread over 57 pages of posts. Also, I think some of these are newcomers to this thread. Sorry to post information that is redundant, but it's nice to have it all in one place.

Restaurants:

Bar XYZ - Hip and trendy bar inside the Aloft by W Hotels (W...XYZ, get it?)

BlackFinn - Sports pub/restaurant

Bonehead's Grilled Fish and Piri Piri Chicken - Gourmet fast food (Raving Brands)

Doc Green's Gourmet Salads - Self-explanatory (Raving Brands)

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - Upscale Steakhose

Flying Biscuit - Breakfast all day (Raving Brands)

Fox Sports Grill - Upscale sports-themed restaurant

The Fudgery - Fudge makers singing opera

Howl at the Moon - Dueling piano bar

Jason's Deli - Sandwiches, soups, and salad bar

Libretto's Pizza - NY pizza joint opening 2nd location (original in NYC)

Mama Fu's - Asian noodle and rice bowls (Raving Brands)

Moe's Southwest Grill - Tex-Mex (Raving Brands)

PJ's Wine and Coffee Bar - Coffee shop by day, wine bar by night

Shane's Rib Shack - Ribs 'n' BBQ (Raving Brands)

Smoothie King - Fruit smoothies

Whiskey River - 10,000 sqft bar owned by Dale Earnheardt Jr.

Wild Wing Cafe - Sports themed buffalo wing bar/restaurant

Bowling:

Unknown who will come (Lucky Strike Lanes?)

Movies:

unknown who will come, but will be an 8-plex

Other:

CBS Radio Studios

aloft Hotel (a W Suite-Hotel)

Don't forget about:

Nail Salon , proposed high end fitness center, ageless remedies spa , first charlotte physicians, dry cleaners, sundries shop, hair salon, anthology-home goods and appparel, Bank of America (3ATM's)and full service branch, M-Studio-high end shoe store, women's clothing store, kiosks- candy kiosk; jewelry kiosk; seasonal kiosk, CVS-full service store, tanning bed, lined up so far!

tanning